Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    +1
    The area with the chop is total BS. Is that on the top deck or the hull? The top deck is not supposed to be gelcoat on the 18.

+1
    All the defects or questionable craftsmanship is from the Cap/Deck. Hull is perfect.

+1
    wow that's not a good quality paint job, you would have figured with all the IBR issues and hood Issues seadoo has had in the past on there ski's that these new 2018 models would be first class with quality workmanship. you travel to florida and at a lot of rental places you will see a lot of yamahas and very little seadoo's

4. +1 by:

+1
    Yamaha's are generally cheaper & get better pricing in bulk. Rental shops could care less for paint finish. IMO

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BallaRXP View Post
    Here's some pictures with my Cannon T7i. Only about 1/4 of the imperfections show up on camera. Footwells are impossible to get on camera. Its basically the inside of the mold and dimples every 2". And the fibers of the fiberglass pushing through into the paint. Terrible.
    Sincerely, it is very difficult to appreciate in the photos the defects that you mention. You look for a perfection in the work that you will hardly find in a pwc. Why do you buy a pwc? To put it in a showcase? According to the photos is what I can tell you. regards

+1
    Does the dealer have any other 2018's of that model? Is the paint as bad on those?
    That paint does look dull, no pop at all, like it weathered down (we know its not)
    The marks like scratches, those are odd too.
    The dimples, thats mold shrinkage and i bet everyone of them with the new top deck will show those.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Does the dealer have any other 2018's of that model? Is the paint as bad on those?
    That paint does look dull, no pop at all, like it weathered down (we know its not)
    The marks like scratches, those are odd too.
    The dimples, thats mold shrinkage and i bet everyone of them with the new top deck will show those.
    No Gray skis' to compare to...

I did compare a Yellow RXT-X. Gloss/Clear coat finish is day and night. Might just be the color.....

Reading this post, I find it very disheartening that an 18,000 thousand dollar machine is coming from the factories with this issue of blemishes in the paint. I'm thinking the production of let's say tens of thousands of units, of coarse there not all going to be perfect, or is there a bigger problem here. Would like to hear from some more people who have bought these skis and don't have any issues with the paint, or are they all this way. I've read the whole post and know the grey model shows it worse than the yellow.

+1
    Sorry to hear/see this happened, weird thing though. When I was at the boat show, the silver skis gel coat felt different when you dragged your hand across it. Felt like they had been waxed but the yellows no. Probably not best way to describe.

+1
    Have them cut you a check and ride on. The longer you ride it and maybe get some stress cracks here and there from jumping and beating it through the ocean the less it will bother you. I’m betting they make it way worse. Painting silver gel coat is going to be interesting. I had to have a big ding fixed right at the back on the top of the hull of my 2012, fotunatly we have a very good shop here in Jax and he bought the exact color black from Seadoo and fixed it perfect. The black plastic, like the mirrors and trim get clouded up quick from gas spills...have a wet rag ready. Never had an issue with gas on the gel coat though. Both my pxs 2012 and 2016 have some stress cracks in the rails from...ummm...a little jumping.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information