Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    +1
    I'm with dino on this one, have them compensate you for the shit and then use that money for gas for the ski. All of the paint stuff becomes irrelevant when you're hauling ass across the water. I totally get it now that you've seen the bad you won't be able to unsee it.. but the time it's gonna take them to fix it and then have it come back to you mildly better isn't worth the headache when either way you're rocking a 2018. Personally if it's not bad enough for a chick to notice it without you pointing it out then you're golden..

+1
    after seeing your photos i figured i would share how it compares to my 18 rxtx. same color.
    i do have a few of those dimples things. but in spots that is hard to find them. i noticed only because i did a very thorough ceramic coating.
    i do not have that kind of stress marks as you do. mine are different. yours look almost like micro cracks in the clear or something. mine are just a wavey looking almost unevenly applied metallic and only in the foot wells. that did not bug me. also if those photos are very close to how it is in real life. mine is more glossy. and even more so after my ceramic coating.

but im with the rest of the guys here. i would take the money and go ride. i went to the boat show this weekend. and looked at some used skis. they brought me to tires almost. lol the condition some people let them get to. i know it will not be show room clean after only a month or so. but man these things dont stay nice long.

+1
    What is the process of getting a check from BRP? Do I have to deny repairs and request compensation for the issues? What should I expect as far as a pay out?

I keep my equipment as close to new as possible. There only in the sun during use, and soap wash every use. Don't beach them, moor to docks etc... But I do run them hard!

Thanks Guys

Ceramic Coating will be in the works after I can get what ever I can out of this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BallaRXP View Post
    What is the process of getting a check from BRP? Do I have to deny repairs and request compensation for the issues? What should I expect as far as a pay out?

I keep my equipment as close to new as possible. There only in the sun during use, and soap wash every use. Don't beach them, moor to docks etc... But I do run them hard!

Thanks Guys

Ceramic Coating will be in the works after I can get what ever I can out of this.
    As much as I like my idea of you getting money from BRP, I think that is a pipe dream. They do like to throw extra warranty in it seems in some cases though. 50 plus hours of riding and all those issues will have virtually zero impact on your resale...it sucks a little but again we are talking a 15k water toy not a 100k Porsche where expectations of finishes are much higher. Go jump some big waves and get some stress cracks and forget all about those minor imperfections

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    As much as I like my idea of you getting money from BRP, I think that is a pipe dream. They do like to throw extra warranty in it seems in some cases though. 50 plus hours of riding and all those issues will have virtually zero impact on your resale...it sucks a little but again we are talking a 15k water toy not a 100k Porsche where expectations of finishes are much higher. Go jump some big waves and get some stress cracks and forget all about those minor imperfections
    smh....going out for a ride today and changing oil after .....lol

carry on

+1
    I'm disappointed with the paint and hull prep on my 2018 rxpx also. the finish of the grey is dull and feels dry when you rub your hand on the paint. you can see the uneven finish of the hull underneath the paint as if they didn't sand it smooth... on the show room floor I couldn't see the poor finish but as we rolled it outside I noticed it. So the salesman and I went and opened a crate with a new ski the same color and it was exactly the same so I thought it was normal and I didn't push the issue...

PWC always have pretty much a garbage paint finish if you ask me. Best bet is to keep it waxed, but that 2018 Ice Metal color is probably never going to pop.

It SEEMS like PWC are sprayed by hand and not polished much afterwards, so orange peel and waves in the finish are inevitable. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

+1
    i really dont see this much of an issue. and trust me when i say that im also a detailed person and the smallest things can bug me. but this is not one of them.
    for example, i took apart my full front end, just to apply ceramic coating. i took off my vent covers, hood, speakers, dash hood, side ergo panels, even pulled out the storage bin. and applied the ceramic coating on both sides of all the paneling. the little PWC kit that Greenhulk store sells. "meant for 2 skis" well i used up the whole thing. and still did not cover the hood. will do the hood a little later on. after i finish with some vinyl work.

the ceramic coating made the shine! i never really complained about the dull finish. i just figured the clear they used just was not as glossy. they make different clear coats with different levels of gloss. so i never gave it a second thought. like many have said. jump some waves, put on some hours on it. and it will look just like every other ski on the water. i will continue to be as careful with it and try to keep is as clean as possible. how ever i don't see the finish to be a big issue.

+1
    All have good points.

I agree the performance and handling of this hull is far superior to other PWC’s I’ve been on. It feels more like a stepped hull offshore boat than a ski.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information