05-28-2007, 06:43 PM #1
Very Unpredictable Through Chop...06 RXP
I have added a Riva grate but was wondering what will make my ski track better in choppy water. It just bounces left and right and I have no idea where its going next...
05-28-2007, 06:45 PM #2
05-28-2007, 06:50 PM #3
- Join Date
- Jul 2005
- euxton nr chorley lancashire, england
05-28-2007, 07:04 PM #4
Rideplate skegs and Riva Pro Series or Race Engineering OPAS blockoffs.
05-28-2007, 07:48 PM #5
- Join Date
- Oct 2005
05-28-2007, 08:31 PM #6
05-28-2007, 09:03 PM #7
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
- winchester va
i have the r&e block offs riva sponsas & riva intake it was pretty ruff out there sunday got her side ways a couple of times can't waight 2 get the skegs on now
05-28-2007, 09:49 PM #8
re blockoffs are the way to go!
night and day difference
05-28-2007, 10:16 PM #9
'k, ok ok, my turn:
Disclaimer: My experience (or lack thereof) is on an RXT, but almost everyone I ride with is on a RXP. These are my opinions and you cannot sue me for this:
1. GET THOSE DAMN OPAS FINS OFF THAT SKI!!! I was scared chitless running at speed with those things, they're great at the dock, but at speed they make the ski WAAY unpredictable...see #4.
2. Grate: Replace the OEM grate with either:
RIVA: better for absolute speed runs
R&D: better for holding the ski to the water
(allow me to translate the above comment: If you are looking for that last .00001mph, go with RIVA, if you are considered semi-sane in ANY court of law, the R&D works great (Heehee, get it? Great/Grate???) get whichever one you get a better price on)
3. SKEGS: OK, I'm on my second set for a reason: FOLLOW THE DAMN DIRECTIONS THAT 4-TEC SENDS AND THE EPOXY INSTRUCTIONS OR PAY TWICE!!! I really like how this thing is handling with these two little slivers on the bottom...
4. REs: OK, now I think most peeps would be happy spending the 50.00 or whatever for a set of OPAS block-offs, but if you are like me and just gotta do this cause all the cool kids are doing it . Just be prepared to wait, I don't think the Germans that make these things even think about making them for a month after you order them, much less decide to call Tortose Shipping Incorporated which will take another well, fill in the blank since Jerry is already gonna kick me off for this one... I Don't know what their problem is: Jerry ROCKS, RE's clock just isn't the same as mine...
OK, I'm coming down off the stump now, GOOD LUCK!!!
05-29-2007, 07:53 AM #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By RXP-REX in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 112Last Post: 06-30-2007, 07:06 PM
By yellow4 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 52Last Post: 06-17-2007, 12:49 PM
By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 92Last Post: 04-06-2007, 01:13 PM
By NeverEndn in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 07-15-2006, 10:50 PM
By Lurker in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 06-11-2006, 10:43 PM