Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    You guys are creating a solution to a problem a rag or towel can solve. Maybe just be careful when you fill it and listen for the gas going up the spout. I fill from 5 galloon jugs and have yet to spill any and I fill it right to the top of the filler neck.
    You're probably right. Just trying to think out of the box. Nothing else to do up North this time of the year, lol.

+1
    maybe i missed it between all the BS, but did the OP ever get a resolution from BRP?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostalmighty View Post
    maybe i missed it between all the BS, but did the OP ever get a resolution from BRP?
    Who knows, but he hasn't posted in 50 pages so I'm betting he got satisfaction from the dealer or BRP in exchange for shutting up - which is what I advised him to do from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by BobRae99 View Post
    Who knows, but he hasn't posted in 50 pages so I'm betting he got satisfaction from the dealer or BRP in exchange for shutting up - which is what I advised him to do from the get go.
    Or with all the criticism he was receiving from many people here he decided that it wasn't worth posting anymore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    Or with all the criticism he was receiving from many people here he decided that it wasn't worth posting anymore.
    He was partly right. It was never worth posting (to him).

Any word lately on this? I purchased the Plexus suggested in this thread and plan on doing my entire hull with it this week.

+1
    I spoke with him. He is just busy . He owns his own business and travels across the country . No resolution so far . Sounds like there are a lot of cracking hulls out there . I bet seadoo gets calls daily about it .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    I spoke with him. He is just busy . He owns his own business and travels across the country . No resolution so far . Sounds like there are a lot of cracking hulls out there . I bet seadoo gets calls daily about it .
    Be intesting to see how they deal with it. My dealer isn't very happy. Every unit he's ordered has issues. 155 wake is the worst, finish is so ruff it looks like it was coated with gravel guard.

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    I've completed my research into finding the best and safest cleaner and protectant for CM-Tech and the winner hands down is Plexus.

Why?

- First and foremost, it's 100% safe for the acrylic finish used on CM-Tech. I've verified this with the manufacturer. Here is their response:
    "Thank you for your inquiry regarding Plexus use on acrylics. Plexus is made specifically for acrylics and other plastic materials and is not only compatible with but good for acrylics. Plexus will keep the finish clean polished and protected".

- So there is no need to worry about using Plexus on CM-Tech. That is very hard to say for most other cleaners, protectants, and polishers which are formulated for automotive paints and metal surfaces rather than plastics. Many contain potentially harmful chemicals for acrylics, especially when used long term. Acrylics are particularly sensitive to chemicals, you have to be very careful what you use on them.

- Plexus is ridiculously ease to use. You spray it on, wipe it off and give it a light buff with a clean, soft cloth. It cleans, polishes, and protects all at once.

- It seals and protects plastics from dirt, contaminants and chemicals.

- Contains no abrasives.

- It's anti-static. Repels road dust when trailering and when stored. Dust normally clings to plastics.

- A single application lasts for weeks. Applications can be completed in just a few minutes.

- It looks great, it gives plastics a deep, lustrous shine and very effectively hides any existing light scratches.

- It repels water, reducing water spots.

- It's a high quality professional product originally developed for the aviation industry.

- It won't absorb the plasticizers from the finish like many other products do. It will never dry out the plastic, even when used long term.

- It may seem expensive but one 13 oz. can will last for years so it's actually quite economical.

- Has many other uses as well. Works great protecting sunglass lenses.

I've used it for years on other applications, it's worked exactly as advertised and I've been very happy with it. Highly recommended. Check out all the excellent customer reviews on Amazon. It's used extensively on motorcycles where they've been using plastic finishes for years.

You won't find anything better or safer for use on CM-Tech. Just give it a try, you'll love it. Whatever you choose to clean and protect your CM-Tech ski, be sure to use only a product that is 100% proven to be safe for plastics which require special care. Do not use products formulated for paint or metal.

Plexus Website

Would you recommend using this on the entire ski? I purchased this for the hull, but do you think it is also the best product to clean and protect all the plastic cowl pieces and whatnot? It just seems like a win\win to use this stuff on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by alecgator_out View Post
    Would you recommend using this on the entire ski? I purchased this for the hull, but do you think it is also the best product to clean and protect all the plastic cowl pieces and whatnot? It just seems like a win\win to use this stuff on everything.
    Yes, definitely. Plexus is an incredible product. A bit pricey, but it works for everything made of plastic and is currently the best or one of the best products available to protect and shine plastics.

Give it a try, you'll love it.

There is an inexpensive alternative called 210 Plastic Cleaner and Polish which appears very similar and is about half the price, but I emailed the manufacturer to inquire if they were 100% sure it was safe for acrylics. Unlike Plexus who reassured me their product was, I never heard back from 201, so use this product at your own risk.

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 LastLast

Thread Information