Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bought Custom Open Straight Through Exhaust Ė Awesome!

I recently purchased the straight through exhaust from trxxx250r and thought I would share my experience below along with a few pics.

I recently got this exhaust for my Honda Aquatrax R-12X, and man Iím stoked! I spoke with the guy who makes the exhaust system and he told me it would be about a week to fab one up for me then he would ship. I got my exhaust in about a week. When I opened the box I noticed itís made of quality stainless with nice TIG welds, and nice silicone couplers. I was anxious to put it on as soon as it arrived so I could hear it growl on the hose. Install took about an hour, and was fairly straight forward. You will need to remove your seat brace to get the old water box out. Unless you choose to leave it in and save yourself about half an hour of labor. I fired it up on the hose and fell in love with my Honda ski all over again! I couldnít wait for summer temps so I took it out to the lake yesterday (Arizona, Ha). I love the low end growl, and I was pleasantly surprised the sound wasnít deafening or droning at all in mid or higher rpm. Definitely worth the investment!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1730.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	427145   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1731.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	427146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0999.JPG 
Views:	333 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	427147  

+1
    does it exit straight through the hull or does it connect to the stock outlet in the pump tunnel? if its through hull do you have pics of the exit? price and contact info for the seller?

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by jim c View Post
    does it exit straight through the hull or does it connect to the stock outlet in the pump tunnel? if its through hull do you have pics of the exit? price and contact info for the seller?
    I was wondering the same thing

+1
    hey darryn, looks like a nice piece. i might hit you up for one. we are in a deep freeze here in nj but when the weather gets a little warmer......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jim c View Post
    hey darryn, looks like a nice piece. i might hit you up for one. we are in a deep freeze here in nj but when the weather gets a little warmer......
    Excellent Jim, I hear you on the weather, it's gonna top out at a frigid 77 degrees here in Arizona today! I'm actually going to have to put on a tank top with my shorts today, arrgg!

Lol. Thanks for taking interest man. You can always order now, install and run on the hose in your garage and enjoy that sweet sound you're gonna have on the lake! Your neighbors will think you bought a ferrari. That's what one of mine said.

-Darryn

7. +1 by:

+1
    thanks rub it in. hahah

+1
    you can laugh back when we're 115 in june!

Quote Originally Posted by trxxx250r View Post
    you can laugh back when we're 115 in june!
    I put this kit on my 2006 r12x and lost 10mpg switch it back to stock!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatraxr12x View Post
    10 MPH

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquatraxr12x View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking about fuel mileage or speed "MPH", but if you are talking about speed, there's no way this exhaust caused you to lose 10 MPH! It must be something else possibly something you did on install not related to the exhaust. out of the approximately 50 units I've sold for the F and R not one person has said they lost any speed or RPM. There's usually a slight increase, that includes my test ski's. If you're talking about gas mileage "MPG", the same applies, I have not seen that in my test ski's nore has anyone else mentioned it.

-Darryn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information