Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    The hours on a ski mean zero knowing a brand new ski can have major problems .. the less the hours the more the problems .. or they would still be riding it .. u brought it home it had problems ?? Ur 1st experience ur 1st instinct and somehow ur double thinking it ?? Knowing ‘15’s had a recall even if it was done .. which the dealer didn’t inform u of and obviously didn’t perform the recall .. or they would have started it and used that as a selling point .. it’s cheap and totaled .. it won’t be easy to insure and it won’t be any cheaper bcuz it’s totaled .. knowing if the value is cheap now what will it be if u attempt to sell it .. did they show u their insurance claim they collected after it was hit ?? They didn’t even start it for u .. how will the warranty cover a totaled ski ?? When kawasaki says it has an internal problem and state that’s an insurance matter and not a warranty claim .. I can assure u that insurance claim isn’t transferable and if it is .. it better come with a free lawyer

Amazed to see no posts of hatred or garbage .. a lot of people like to argue with me bcuz .. a lot of people like to argue .. and many people say they don’t understand me bcuz .. many people don’t understand .. in conclusion .. if this doesn’t make sense to u .. ur not sensible .. furthermore if ur looking to make s big ticket purchase ur likely not going to find it close to ur house .. do some research I can find brand new ski’s right now 2 grand below MSRP .. it may cost u 500 bucks to travel and get it but .. ur still gonna save 1500 dollars .. and that’s gonna pay for ur trailer .. cheers

+1
    UPDATE: Sorry if I hijacked this thread, but I contacted the dealer after returning the 310X that I bought that wouldn't run on the hose. The #4 piston had what appeared to be small pock marks on it, and since the paint seal on the fogging port had not been broken, it was apparent that it had never been fogged. I was afraid that the supercharger had some corrosion that was getting into that cylinder. (I would have expected to see it on all four). The dealer said that they pulled the spark plugs and found no evidence of piston damage whatsoever. They put new plugs in it and it ran perfectly. They sent me pictures of the pistons. This lead me to conclude that the fuel injector on that cylinder may have hung open, flooding that cylinder. What I was actually seeing was raw fuel droplets on the top of the piston. By the time I got it to the dealer, they had evaporated. The dealer thinks that perhaps that plug was not firing and the droplets on the piston were just unburned fuel.

Anyway, I bought it again. Got the 2-year extended warranty. I figure if the pistons hold up for two seasons, I'll change to the later pistons myself. Took it out yesterday and rode about an hour. It seems pretty powerful and was maxing out at the USCG mandated 65 MPH. The water was fairly calm, but I did spend some time doing donuts and horsing around on it. I put the bolster seats on it from my LX. It's nice for cruising, but I think I like the flat seat better for playing rough. I may get another seat so I can pick the one I want for how I plan to ride any given day.

I was expecting shoulder ripping acceleration, but it wasn't that much. After having a 150 for 19 years, I'll admit the 310 has instant throttle response, but they both pull reasonably hard. The 310 has double the horsepower, but it also weighs about 50% more. I consider the 310 to be sort of like a Cadillac CTS-V; smooth, powerful, and luxurious in comparison to the 150. I like them both.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ultra 310, # 5, Small.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	295.9 KB 
ID:	431222  

+1
    Glad you got the extended warranty!!!!
    I think it still has a issue. You should hit 67 easy on the speedo. That's as high as it will read. The ski might go a little faster on gps depending on current and water conditions. It should yank your shoulder's when you hit it and pull hard all the way to max speed. When someone says a 310 doesn't impress them, it's not running right. LOL
    Having a 300x and a SHO before My 310 felt like a dog when the pistons were going bad. It would still hit max speed but took it's time getting there. After they put the 300 pistons in it was crazy how much better it ran. The only time it feels slow now is when the SC belt is wet or worn. Even with 350 hours all stock I hit 67-69 on gps.
    Did they change the seat??? It's not a 310x seat.

+1
    I swapped seats with my LX. The speed was with me, my wife, and fuel fuel, so I don't think it's too bad.

Not saying I'm not impressed, it's a very quick machine. I was expecting 0-60 in about 3 seconds, and it doesn't do that. Perhaps I've heard too much hype, and a fair amount of time on the 150.

+1
    Sweet. Smart move with the warranty.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ybnvs2 View Post
    .. it’s cheap and totaled .. it won’t be easy to insure and it won’t be any cheaper bcuz it’s totaled .. knowing if the value is cheap now what will it be if u attempt to sell it .. did they show u their insurance claim they collected after it was hit ?? They didn’t even start it for u .. how will the warranty cover a totaled ski ?? When kawasaki says it has an internal problem and state that’s an insurance matter and not a warranty claim .. I can assure u that insurance claim isn’t transferable and if it is .. it better come with a free lawyer
    It is renewal time for my insurance on the boat and Ultra 150, so I added the Ultra LXs and the Ultra 310X. Surprise, surprise, surprise (as Gomer Pyle would say), they DID issue insurance on the hull, in spite of the salvage title! I've got the stated value at $7000, and the annual premium for hull coverage is only $55, with $750 deductible. $300K liability is $79.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information