Thread: RXP Ram Air

RXP Ram Air

Was just wondering if you could duct the incoming 70 mph air (or whatever speed you're at) to the Riva Rear Intake. Is it a bad Idea to force air into the supercharger?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Was just wondering if you could duct the incoming 70 mph air (or whatever speed you're at) to the Riva Rear Intake. Is it a bad Idea to force air into the supercharger?
    I think the real concern would be taking water into that intake @ 70mph.... but I can't see anything wrong with it if you can avoid the water.

I'm with Brian. There's nothing wrong with force feeding your supercharger with air because the limiting factor is the volume of air that the supercharger and housing can handle. You may even get a slight improvement. However, as Brian pointed out, it will be a pain in the a** keeping water from getting rammed into the SC/engine along with the air which can cause SERIOUS problems. Personally I'd just put an upgraded SC wheel rather than try and force feed your supercharger. More boost = more hp

+1
    ram air would be nice to cool the engine compartment, with some vents in the rear to let hot air out, rear intake is already huge improvement over stock, and some care needs to be taken not to get water into intake.
    there are several variations on the rear intake already out there for even more airflow, but they sacrifice real world rideability. and reliability.

Thread Information