Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by TxVirageTx View Post
    have to stroke the crank bore the jugs AND space the jugs up to accommodate the longer stroke needed to achieve 1450cc on a polaris platform.virage tx triple pipes have been put into that hull,raise the compression to 155psi and a .055 squish for 92 pump gas,recurve the cdi and raise the limiter to 7400 rpm,motor will turn about 7300 when rejetted correctly.thats about a 5 mph gain.
    Thanks again for the comments!

Is there any information about who or where to order / buy performance parts for Genesis (carb.)?
    Maybe "Stroker 1450"?

TxVirageTx can you tell me more about the engine? What parts etc?
    "A triple piped Genesis exists", I'm very interested too!

Am I right, the ignition timing can be adjusted "remote controls Box" (cdi programming)? Where can I buy one of them, eBay?
    Last time I made the timing manually.

And sorry guys my bad english

Cheers!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vfromfin View Post
    ... the ignition timing can be adjusted "remote controls Box" (cdi programming)? Where can I buy one of them, eBay?
    Last time I made the timing manually.

What did you do 'manually' with the ignition timing? Rotate the inner timing ring in the flywheel, or something with the CDI?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What did you do 'manually' with the ignition timing? Rotate the inner timing ring in the flywheel, or something with the CDI?
    Rotate the inner timing ring in the flywheel -> yes, with the timing lamp...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vfromfin View Post
    Rotate the inner timing ring in the flywheel -> yes, with the timing lamp...
    There are a few people that have the required hardware plus software to reprogram the PVL manufactured CDI that is used on red engine Polaris carburetor engines.

The normal method is to send the CDI to them. They will program the ignition advance curve to match your engine, and send the CDI back to you.

Each CDI actually has two ignition curves. One is the 'normal' curve and the other is traditionally the 'RPM limiter' curve. But each can be programmed for whatever you need. One example is one curve for 'race mode' with aggressive timing (and high octane fuel) and the other curve for 'cruising' riding with less timing and advance for recreational riding. You just connect the Gray CDI 'RPM limiter' CDI wire to a switch to select which curve you want. And you can switch between them while the engine is running.

Changing the timing ring on the flywheel just shifts the CDI base timing, so the ignition advance at every RPM is shifted by the same amount. When electronically programing the ignition curve (with the special software) the degrees advance can be set separately for each RPM level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information