Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More speed for Genesis, how?

Hello Doctors!

I have Genesis -02 (1200 carb.) And I want more top speed. Yes it is old but I like it...
    Now, the top speed is about 54-56mph -> 87-88 km/h (GPS)

Has anyone of you tuned in Genesis PWC successfully? What did you do? What was the top speed (GPS)?

My goal is something about 62-63mph, impossible?

Thanks for the replies and comments!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170520_18_11_20.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	427576  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ooHow much money and effort are you willing to put into this?

The carb 1200 engine can be bored larger and built for higher compression. Some have exceeded 1500cc.

Increased compression ratio is the ‘easiest’ way to boost power. With matching increase in gasoline octane and retuned engine timing curve in the CDI.

I forget whether anyone has successfully installed tuned triple exhaust pipes in a Genesis hull. Maybe

Tuned pipes do boost engine power but make the engine’s power curve much more high RPM focussed. Not so good for cruising at mid-range RPM, but very strong at wide open throttle.

+1
    I have sometimes dreamed of a triple piped Genesis (yes, even though it means carbs instead of my beloved DI )

+1
    Another way to go is to swap in a 4-stroke engine. Polaris used the Weber turbo engine in the MSX hull for 2004 only. I don’t know whether it would even fit under the seat in a Genesis

In the PWC world the ‘Chevy small block’ equivalent is the Seadoo 4-Tec engine, which has been stuffed into all sorts of non-Seadoo hulls. These are called PWC conversions, and there is a whole forum on Greenhulk just for such mixed breed beasts.

There are at least a couple of Seadoo 4-Tec engines in Polaris hulls, mostly the MSX. Again, some careful measuring would be needed to verify whether the engine would fit under the seat.

And of course any engine conversion is going to require some degree of mechanical work and fabrication of custom parts, mounts, etc.

The Weber turbo engine can deliver circa 200hp and the Seadoo engine with stock supercharger is up to 300hp, modified goes higher. 200hp seems about right for the heavy Genesis hull, it always seemed under powered to me with the stock motor.

250hp in a Genesis hull would be flying

Note that above circa 200hp the stock Polaris drive shaft and jet pump are over matched. Typical solution is to graft in the entire jet pump from a modern Seadoo.

+1
    The issue with putting a 4 stroke into say, the Genesis hull is that the PTO centerline of the driveshaft on the 1200 is VERY low relative to the bottom of the motor. I suspect a complete pump tunnel rebuild would be required to make the pump centerline meet the (new) engine PTO centerline.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HiPeRcO View Post
    The issue with putting a 4 stroke into say, the Genesis hull is that the PTO centerline of the driveshaft on the 1200 is VERY low relative to the bottom of the motor. I suspect a complete pump tunnel rebuild would be required to make the pump centerline meet the (new) engine PTO centerline.
    How much vertical air space is there between the bottom outside of the stock Polaris engine (not the bed plate, the actual engine bottom) and the hull inner liner on a Genesis?

The 4-Tec engine mounts are beside and in front of the engine block, so the engine can hang quite low into the hull center. The 4-Tec has been successfully fitted into the MSX hull, but I do not know how much less room there is in the Genesis.

The guys who have done these conversions would know how much room the 4-Tec needs from driveshaft centerline axis down to engine bottom.

Thanks for the comments!

"Can be bored bigger", this sounds interesting.
    Do you have more information about this? OE cylinder sleeve (drilled to larger size)? What about the pistons?

Does anyone have any experience of R & D Racing intake Grate, any help or money waste?

Thx!

P.S. I'm not excited about the 4-stroke engine. Smoky and smelly 2-stroke is "oldschool" style
    Some German guy had installed V-8 to Genesis (I saw video on Youtube).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vfromfin View Post
    "Can be bored bigger", this sounds interesting.
    Do you have more information about this? OE cylinder sleeve (drilled to larger size)? What about the pistons?

Does anyone have any experience of R & D Racing intake Grate, any help or money waste?

I am unaware of any aftermarket intake grate that will fit the Genesis hull. The Genesis intake grate is part of the vee hull bottom profile. All other Polaris hulls have a flat mount for the intake grate.

Richie (Stroker 1450), or CrazyA, and perhaps Jay (2&4strokepolaristech) posted a few interesting Polaris watercraft engine builds with big displacement. With some searching you might be able find those old threads or at least some photos/video of the engines.

Or maybe someone has the links to those threads.

I forgot to mention that it is also possible to add exhaust valves to the Polaris engine. Also posted in several threads. I forget whether they were using modified snowmobile exhaust valves

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    have to stroke the crank bore the jugs AND space the jugs up to accommodate the longer stroke needed to achieve 1450cc on a polaris platform.virage tx triple pipes have been put into that hull,raise the compression to 155psi and a .055 squish for 92 pump gas,recurve the cdi and raise the limiter to 7400 rpm,motor will turn about 7300 when rejetted correctly.thats about a 5 mph gain.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxVirageTx View Post
    virage tx triple pipes have been put into that hull,raise the compression to 155psi and a .055 squish for 92 pump gas,recurve the cdi and raise the limiter to 7400 rpm,motor will turn about 7300 when rejetted correctly.thats about a 5 mph gain.
    A triple piped Genesis exists (or existed?). Tell me more! (I want one )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information