+1

Angry Another Mudbug Dropout

Well, after thinking about it all this last week, I've decided not to make the voyage to the Bug this year. It wasn't an easy decision; I've planned for this all year, had the rooms lined up for a long time, even had the time off guaranteed in my work contract. But between the cost of driving up there (999.9 miles each way, according to my map software), and several other factors, I'm gonna have to pass this year. The deciding factor to me was the fact that I need a better tow vehicle to drag around 2 big skis. I've got a 2000 Monte Carlo SS with 140,000 miles on it, and while it's still running good, I just think it's taking too much of a chance for me to go on a 2000 mile round trip with it. If I broke down on the way there or back, I'd be in a WORLD of hurt. A quad cab truck or SUV is in my near future, but I spent the money for it on the Crayola this year.... and then I took a job too far away to drive to the Bug! Grrr.....

I was really looking forward to meeting a lot of the guys from here, seeing your skis, and riding with you. Trying to be responsible sucks sometimes, that's why I don't do it too often. Everyone have fun and be safe, hopefully I'll see some of you at other events this year.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Well, after thinking about it all this last week, I've decided not to make the voyage to the Bug this year. It wasn't an easy decision; I've planned for this all year, had the rooms lined up for a long time, even had the time off guaranteed in my work contract. But between the cost of driving up there (999.9 miles each way, according to my map software), and several other factors, I'm gonna have to pass this year. The deciding factor to me was the fact that I need a better tow vehicle to drag around 2 big skis. I've got a 2000 Monte Carlo SS with 140,000 miles on it, and while it's still running good, I just think it's taking too much of a chance for me to go on a 2000 mile round trip with it. If I broke down on the way there or back, I'd be in a WORLD of hurt. A quad cab truck or SUV is in my near future, but I spent the money for it on the Crayola this year.... and then I took a job too far away to drive to the Bug! Grrr.....

I was really looking forward to meeting a lot of the guys from here, seeing your skis, and riding with you. Trying to be responsible sucks sometimes, that's why I don't do it too often. Everyone have fun and be safe, hopefully I'll see some of you at other events this year.
    I know what ya mean smitty......my tow vehicle was stolen in the end of april so i had no choice but to sell my ski........It sucks bad dude.

+1
    Can't you fly up? Couldn't be too expensive.

+1

+1
    I just flew to Texas to invade on the roundup and it was only $175 round trip. At least consider it, I am sure there will be plenty of spare boats.

+1
    www.iflyswa.com

download the DING software. There are great specials daily !

+1
    Guys, I don't think I could have a good time if I left my boat down here. I hope to hell I can make it next year. I really didn't want to be this far away from the Bug this time of the year, but the job and the money was too good. I'll be riding around down here while ya'll are in the swamp. I need some new eye candy to ride on the back of it, maybe I'll luck out and find some!

Thread Information