Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by raghead View Post
    I think it was multiple issues.. I replaced the stator, and then the CDI. My old CDI was the red-dipped type, and the new one was the black dipped type. Literally - hit the starter, and it fired right up.. No choke or anything.. I am in the process of a good wax job now.. Hit the water in a couple hours!!
    I'm ba, ba, ba, brrr blue with envy. I had the dock in two weeks ago last year.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0259.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	431431  

Well hells bells. Ran perfect for a couple hours, now in limp mode. Pegs out at 4K rpm.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Well hells bells. Ran perfect for a couple hours, now in limp mode. Pegs out at 4K rpm.
    Make sure it is not in reverse mode, does not say reverse on the display.

Does it limit revs on the trailer or only in the water?

If only in the water, check for things that could reduce engine power. Cylinder compression, spark plug fouling, etc.

Yeah - I’ll check all that out. It was pretty cool rolling around earlier, though!! Damn nice day on the water!!! I had an overheating error on the mfd, so I stopped and felt the exhaust and motor. Fairly cool to the touch. Weather here is about low 80’s, and water low 70’s - so I kept rolling and it went away. Other than that - nothing stands out. I noticed a small crack in the stbd exhaust plastic thingie - I’m gonna pull it tomorrow and plastic epoxy it.

also - the oil light is blinking. I’m gonna delete that bitch and just mix fuel...

+1
    also - the oil light is blinking. Im gonna delete that bitch and just mix fuel...
    Sometimes the oil level sender pops up out of the tank top.

You can add a thin o-ring around the rubber insert, press it back into place, then use a thin hose clamp to hold it firmly in place.

The oil injection system uses about 1/2 the oil per ride compared to pre-mixing oil into the gasoline. If the oil injection system is maintained, it tends to be reliable. Replaced oil idle with OEM, check the hoses and clamps, and fix the sender. After that, should work just fine.

+1
    Yeah - Ill check all that out. It was pretty cool rolling around earlier, though!! Damn nice day on the water!!! I had an overheating error on the mfd, so I stopped and felt the exhaust and motor.

Fairly cool to the touch. Weather here is about low 80s, and water low 70s - so I kept rolling and it went away. ...
    There is a water injection orifice for on the exhaust pipe. Find the small water hose on the exhaust pipe, the fittings at each end need to be clear.

Check that the mesh screen and the orifice is not clogged - unscrew the fitting to see the mesh.

+1
    Great info from K447. Ive hose clamped a couple of those oil senders myself. Any flashing warning light will trigger a limp mode.

thanks for all the tips.. There was already a clamp on the oil sender - I removed and re-seated, and re-clamped.. Ran all day yesterday with no issues except long runs at WOT would trigger overheat alarm - slow down, and it would go away.. I pulled the seat when it happened, and the motor/exhaust was still fairly cool to the touch.. When I was messing with the oil sensor, I pulled the water screen, and it was clean. I verified no blockage in any of the lines. possible bad/old/malfunctioning sensor?

+1
    Make sure the little black plastic intake mesh screen is in place inside the jet pump exit nozzle (not the steering nozzle), right side. And make sure it is not clogged.

Have you inspected inside the thermostat housing?

The pressure bypass valve (plunger) inside must not be badly worn, jammed, corroded.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information