+1

Question Sea Doo Houseboat Trip to Shasta late June Help

Hey guys,

I'm not to sure how many Nor cal people there are on here, but I need a little help for a houseboat trip.

I'm departing this madness excursion from Jones Valley at Shasta Lake in late June. I have never actually been on the water in Shasta, but would like someones input on where to drive this thing. Jone's Valley is on the Eastern side of the lake and I've been told by a friend to drive the houseboat to the east into a cove.

Is this what I should do or what do you recommend..? Out of 15 people, no one on our boat knows anything about Shasta. As for the RXP, I'm starting to get worried about letting people ride this thing.

Thanks for the help!

** By the way, if anyone is at the lake around that time, feel free to meet up

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    It's big... we would usually move our houseboat two or three times throughout the week. What dates will you be there?

You may have already researched this site, but it's full of good information about the lake:

http://www.shastalake.com/maps/index.html

Jeff

+1
    Ohhh, my favorite lake and favorite resort. When there ask for Janelle (tell her Al bernal said Hi and that she'd take care of you ), she's the sweetest person in the boating industry. If you need ANYTHING the guys/gals at Jones valley will come through.
    I could go on all day long about the excusions we've taken on that lake BUT the best place for setting up camp in the houseboat is on the Pit River. It's be far the prettiest and calmest out of the entire lake. Expect to see moose cross the river, bear tracks and everything inbetween. Be sure to ask where the Eagles nests are and if you're kind enough Janellle will let you check out the monitor and watch the eagles live.
    The season you're going is tough for finding the waterfalls and of course the Pit River will NOT be running at 35+ MPH near the mouth. There is an old mining company on the Squaw, get off your watercraft and take the hike up the small creek inlet. It's a bitchen hike and you'll see all the goodies they were mining back in the day, if you look hard enough you'll find the abandoned church as well.
    The cavern tour that you pay for is worth every penny and will give you great relief from the heat. Wait until you take that friggin bus ride up to the cavern.
    Gotta run, more later.

+1
    I have not been in over 25 yrs. so I am no help but I will say that Shast brings back some of the best memories of my life. It is a huge lake and you won't see it all in one trip probably. Deer swimming from island to island, fishing off the back of the houseboat and just enjoying the scenery.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

Talking

Sweet! Thanks!

Pit River sounds like the place. I'm usually in Tahoe, so this is not what I'm used to...

I can't wait

Thread Information