+1

2006 GP1300R what holds throttle body with aftermarket Power plenum install?

I'm somewhat concerned mostly. What do I do with the power plenum and the throttle body. I want to make sure it stays fastened like stock where it bolted to the air box. Anyone have some pics that I might view?

thanks again,

Mike

Hey Mike I just added my PP today and from what I ran into is the three rubber boots are the only thing that hold it on. I would have liked to have used the OEM bolts on the out side to give it more support but It must work because I have not heard of any comming off. One pointer i can give you is on the main fuel hose comming into the fuel rail. If you follow it back to the tank it is easier to cut the OEM clip there. Leave the OEM hose band on the carb end and just pull the fuel hose through with the carb setup. There is a factory zip tie you have to cut to pull it through. This way you will just have to replace the hose clamp on the tank end.

+1
    You can use the OEM clamps that hold the air box on the TBs to secure the filter.

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    You can use the OEM clamps that hold the air box on the TBs to secure the filter.
    Yes, that's true. Your refering to the three round band clamps that clamp the rubber booties to the aftermarket air cleaner.

I was refering to the two bolts that are used on the outsides of the OEM filter. There are brackets that mount to the reed area.

This gave the OEM filter a nice solid mount.

+1
    That air box is real heavy. The Race filter/Power plenum is much lighter and doesnt need them IMO

I dont use clamps on my Race Filters

+1
    good enough answer for me...I was concerned until I clamped it down and realized it is lightweight and also tight as hell. Does anyone know where I can pick up the 1/8" npt 3/8 90 degree fittings for the jetworks mods...I lost or had people use mine on water lines for campers and rv's i think. I went to Home depot, a plumbing supply place and a car parts store with no luck.

I also noticed on my jetworks pics I've been studying from your sites you've sent me towards the hose that used to go into the hull is no longer connected to the end of the pump with that stupid pole that sticks out into the jet exit nozzle and its connected to a high flow strainer outlet. Is it just disconnected in general now? If so can I cut the damn mini pipe off so I have less restriction?

-Mike

+1
    www.mcmastercarr.com

You pick up a few rpms with out the siphon tube in the nozzle

Thread Information