Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Who's in on getting a SC from Les??

If you want to get in on doing this please post here and a quantity so we can get a list started. Could someone make this a sticky please?

To figure prices go to Les's site figure up what you want subtract 15% if we have 5 and then subtract the GST.
    Do a currency conversion and you have a total. Remember there will be some freight.

I for one will be in for One kit

David

I'm in for kit A, but depending on time frame I may wait till after the summer. I plan on riding again in March and I don't want to be down.

But if this happens now then I should be able to do it.

+1
    I'll have to see how much tax returns are this year.. ...currently getting my RR ECU reflashed , will hit the wallet pretty hard right now, so close to x- mas and all. But I would definately like to get one soon.

If we could just get a bottom line price in us dollars shipped for each kit , I'll know If I can get one in a few weeks.

+1
    I am definitely in ... I think to keep things simple, I will just buy a complete A Kit supercharger from Les. I will send nothing out, just buy a complete unit this time. Comes to $2000 USD, if we get 15% discount, more like $1700, but I am in either way.

This whole Customs thing sounds like a nuisance, so just buying a complete unit works for me. Plus I want to be ready to ride by April 1 too ...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    in my spare time, i need to thoroughly read that 7 pages thread about this... because i'm mildly confused.

the B and C kit don't interest me bc it's just too much for my recreational needs and too much risk in my mind. IF i did anything, i'm looking at the A kit... what i am not clear on which i didn't read alot of that thread yet is:

Les said you HAVE to run stock air box? we can run intercoolers and RR ECUs with the A kit? can we run open air intakes? what ECU does it require? how can i i know if i'm running in same A/F parameters.

don't mean to start another long thread about this, but the above questions were my hesitancy.

+1
    Vern remember his cost on the housing is $1295.45

The GST on the B kit has to be a typo you see in the others it is very low.
    He did tell me $1200 that is why I think the GST is wrong.
    I will email him and ask again for clarification.

We will have to go through customs coming back as well.

Maybe just plan on sending a housing and shaft from the US.

+1
    okay, so in US funds.

How much is the A kit?
    How Much is the C kit?

+1
    OK, this was in the other post too, but following is Les's response to one of my emails:

(my email) "Thanks, that is great news! What are the clutch discs made of? Do they also last longer than stock washers in a recreational RXP?

Since I want to stay on the 'mild side' and don't want to run race gas, is it possible to run your 'A' supercharger setup on US 92 octane gas? I have the stock ECU and the latest mapped Rotax Racing ECU (getting reflashed as we speak) and could run either one as needed.

If I am reading your site right, would a complete 'A' setup supercharger (no exchange) cost around $2000+ USD? At that price (or anywhere near) I might just keep my stock supercharger as a spare and buy one outright from you."

(Les's response)
    "Vern,
    The Kit A price you calculated is correct. The washers are a special metal that is very strong as well as hard, in fact 62 rockwell hard, harder than the gear. We do not give out the information on the grade of metal, but I will tell you don't just try a normal hardened tool steel!
    The washers will eventually wear out, but they do get an easier life in the kit A and B because the impeller is so light.
    Expected life is around 150 hours, when they are worn out, just replace the washers, no need to replace the entire clutch and shaft kit as Rotax recommend.
    Rotax racing remapped ECU is absolutely ideal for Kit A supercharger. Not advised to use Kit B supercharger.
    Regards,
    Les."

Now, my take frome the above is Kit A will work great with a RR ECU, but notice he says 'Not advised to use Kit B supercharger'. Since I already have all the other mods, including air filter, he basically recommended Kit A to go along with my RR ECU. From other posts it seems that Kit B NEEDS to be somewhat 'choked' by the stock air intake to keep things safe for the stock ECU possibly. But either way, I personally am not interested in anything more than 10 lbs of boost.

I think the A Kit is relatively simple, increases boost over anything we have tried here, but is still relatively mild and safe. I am just not interested in going 'ragged edge' or having to do any tuning of fuel curves. For me, A Kit is good and runs $2000 USD outright as confirmed by Les above.

+1
    Shibby I answerd those in the other thread see if they make sense?

David

+1
    hmmmm, maybe i should go with a B kit since i have a fuel controller and bigger injectors to compensate for the additional fuel.

What is Les email addy?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information