Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2006 GPR w/Riva EFI and Race Filter

Well thought I would share my latest experance with my 2006 1300R. After reading several posts about the DF 14/20 prop being to much for the 2006's I was worried that I would have to change my prop again or have it repitched. I have the D plate,PPK, Angled Riva ride plate, R&D intake, and stepped sponsons. I was only hitting 65 on the GPS and turning 6710 on the tinny tack.
    Today I added a Race filter I got from Nate1300R on the forum and the Riva EFI i got from the Greenhulk store. Took the boat out in 86 degree heat and noticed a big differance right off the bat. I set the EFI to 6929 Riva Stage 1 and 2 settings. The boat was loaded at mid throttle so I changed it to 5729. The boat was sounding good so I did a blip around the lake pulled the seat and she was luke warm so changed the settings to 5517. Bliped around the lake again and pulled the seat she was warmer but I could leave my hand on it.
    After a few more runs I ended up with the setting 5717.
    Had a hard time finding the flat water but I did get a chance run it and had a GPS of 70 and 7030 on the tinny tach. It was feeling good and the gas alarm was going off so I called it a day.
    I don't know if the 5mph gain came from the race filter or the EFI but it was well worth it!
    The boat has it's bottom end back and is snappy, loud too, sounds like my standup now. I will be keeping the DF 14/20.

I am curious as to the elevation you are running at. Me and a few others are also running the 14/20 on basicly stock motors and some are having problems.

Sweet!! I'm glad the filter worked out for you. And to think I didn't even hit 70 with it and I have high compression heads! I'm having a few issues that I'm working out though so it wouldn't be fair to compare

Anyway congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    I am curious as to the elevation you are running at. Me and a few others are also running the 14/20 on basicly stock motors and some are having problems.
    Hey Chris, the elevation at Lake Folsom is 350 feet OSL.

I read your thread on the DF, did you get it spining like you want?

Quote Originally Posted by NateGP1300R View Post
    Sweet!! I'm glad the filter worked out for you. And to think I didn't even hit 70 with it and I have high compression heads! I'm having a few issues that I'm working out though so it wouldn't be fair to compare

Anyway congrats!
    Thanks again on the filter, the heads are next.

It's to bad I over watered my money tree I will have to wait a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
    Hey Chris, the elevation at Lake Folsom is 350 feet OSL.

I read your thread on the DF, did you get it spining like you want?
    Thanks for the reply! Yea I think I may have hit the point your at. It took VF3's to do it but it all makes since now. I ran 70 mph also, looking for 74 ish.

The lake I usually run at is almost 1000 feet above yours.

Let me know how the reeds work out.

Quote Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
    Let me know how the reeds work out.
    Will do, going to try to hit the lake this weekend and do some tuning on the EFI and possibly swap to my 85mm nozzle. That could be good for another couple of mph

Nice speed! I've been trying like hell to hit 70mph with just hull mods but I don't think that's going to happen, unless I lose about 80lbs . So close, yet so far!

Hey guys i know most of us here have the same setup and you all running high sixty and low seventy with that setup..i change my efi settings last week to 5527 and got 1.7 increase in mph on my gps i am now running 67.3 max speed...I am waiting on my tiny tach to come now so i can get my tru rpm reading but just following along with your rpm's i should be turning the same...I want to get to 70 - 72 with what i have setup here on my GPR?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information