Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP First Mods for '07 SD Wake Edition

Girlfriend got a wild hair and just bought new 2007 Wake Edition and we'd like to know what mods are "Must" do to fix problem areas and what things are "should do" for handling and speed. Neither of us have ever owned/riden a modern jetski but that didn't keep us from seeing the norht side of 60mph during hour zero of ownership. These ski's are alot of fun, surprisingly quick.

The ski has about 5 hours on it and is used primarily in Pacific ocean. We won't be using it for wake boarding, we got the bigger ski because we figured it would be better in the rough water.

I was reading some threads about installing a SS wear ring, removing the OPAS and replacing the SC washers? Is that the starting point?

Next it seems as though and intake grate, prop, air intake are the thing to do. We've been able to get 63mph on the speedo on some of the smoother sections, getting to 70mph would be nice. More top end than that might be wasted as the water is rarely smooth enough for top speed runs.

What are the "Custom 4" intake" mods I keep seeing in people's sigs?

Keep in mind that this ski will be riding in rougher ocean water, any input you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Also any advice on what "not to do" is equally helpful.

Also who makes a good life vest- not one of these MTV/glamour/fashion wakeboard non-USCG approved deals, but a serious ocean racing vest in a color that they can see you floating if you have a bad shunt.

BTW-Props(no pun intended) to all you guys for a having a useful forum with lots of tech.

Looking forward to your input...

Respectfully,

Sander
    www.brouwersusa.com
    Last edited by Fly'n Dutchman; 05-30-2007 at 01:28 AM.

post some pics ....i like the wake edition

Here is what I have picked out so far... not sure what to do for air intake.

Current Items In Shopping Cart
    1)RS22060 Intake Grate, Top-Loader, SD `06~07$129.95

2)SRX-CD-14/17R Impeller, Solas Concord, Pitch-bloc$299.95

3)RS33-159-SRX Wear Ring, Stainless Steel, 159mm, $189.95

4)RS23050 Pump Wedge, 2-degree, SD RXP / RXT $119.95

5)RS29055 Block-off Kit, O.P.A.S. Competition $19.95

6)RS1750-HDW-946 Washers, Heavy-duty Clutch, `06, SD$124.95

7)RS1750-BV Blow-off Valve Kit, SD RXP/RXT/GTX-$195.95

SubTotal $1,080.65
    Last edited by Fly'n Dutchman; 05-30-2007 at 04:14 PM.

+1
    I would suggest getting Jerry's washers. They are $90 opposed to Riva's $125. They also aren't coated and the coated ones slip after less use compared to Jerry's.

For OPAS blockoffs, I think the competition kit is a waste of time. I suggest you either get on the list for the Race Engineering blockoffs or buy a set of Riva Pro Blockoffs.

Most of the 3 seater crowd does fine with the stock grate. If you want to save $ I would stay will the stock grate. The 3 seater is already pretty well planted in the water without a better grate.

Like the grate, I also think the blow off valve is a waste. If you are getting metal washers for your supercharger they will be good enough. Most people strongly believe a BOV is not necessary with or without metal washers.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    i would stay away from the blow off valve, i would get the RE block offs, a wedge, intake, the green SC wheel, and metal washers and be done

Quote Originally Posted by superduty View Post
    i would stay away from the blow off valve, i would get the RE block offs, a wedge, intake, the green SC wheel, and metal washers and be done
    What's "green sc wheel" ?

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    read the whole thread it has everything you need to know, i'm getting one this winter

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24463

For $19.95...are you talking about block-ups?

If so...make your own and save the 20 bucks.

We went riding in about 4-6foot swells yesterday. In those kind of conditions would blocking off the OPAS completely or using those "Block Up" help with the handling at all?

+1
    I for one believe it would help to remove the OPAS because you would erase the chance of catching the fins on waves thus reducing predictability. With these machines you want all the predictability you can find.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information