Probablem with buddys Ski, cutting out again.

OK, its been out 2-4 times since he got it back from the dealer. They went through it and cleaned the filters in the carbs, and did a few other things. Now after being out its starting to cut out a tad at full throttle. I did notice he puts in ethanol into his ski, I know not to do it, but i wouldnt think it be that big of deal? And he flipped it the other day also. But he uprighted it like the sticker on the back said. any ideas?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Define "cut out a tad a full throttle?" If his engine is completely dying it is probably seizing a piston. The next time it does it, pull the spark plugs and see if either is gray. If so...time for a new piston and rings...

Running it lean when the filter screens were clogged contributed to it. And flipping it didn't help either. Did he hydrolock the engine when he flipped it? Or did it start immediately without having to pull the spark plugs?

Is your buddy internet illiterate? Or is he scared of us giving him grief?

He'd probably rather hear it from the dealer... I am trying to figure it out for him. It started right up after flipping it. The whole cutting out thing, all he said is when he is at full throttle it will stutter and he has to pump the gas a few times to keep it running. The first time we had it out and it was dying we had to go like 25 mph to get it back to the dock, and the whole time it was dying. Boy this ski is sounding like a lemon...

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by zdowell View Post
    He'd probably rather hear it from the dealer... I am trying to figure it out for him. It started right up after flipping it. The whole cutting out thing, all he said is when he is at full throttle it will stutter and he has to pump the gas a few times to keep it running. The first time we had it out and it was dying we had to go like 25 mph to get it back to the dock, and the whole time it was dying. Boy this ski is sounding like a lemon...
    I think you need to remember it's not the ski's fault. Why is it people blame it on the ski when they knowingly try to ride it when it's not running right? Is it the ski's fault the previous owner let the carbs get clogged? Can the ski clean it itself? Lemon is defined as something built incorrectly, this ski was not maintained correctly. The previous owner, and your buddy...is the lemon in this case. Not the ski.

K, wrong choice of words. Cant wait to find out what the dealer says. Bet this fix is going to be expensive and the dealer probably wont be eating this bill.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zdowell View Post
    OK, its been out 2-4 times since he got it back from the dealer. They went through it and cleaned the filters in the carbs
    If you don't changes the fuel lines and clean the entire system (as was recommended before) the internal filters will clog again in about 3-4 tank fulls.

Thread Information