Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown Motor.

Angry Blown Motor.

rode for 10min and it started heating up and pissing all the oil out in the engine bay. rmps where only at 6000 and it was over boosting. my friend had the same problem last month. his seals went, the bottom one, the front and the rear. i ordered every gasket and o ring, should have all the parts tomor. im pulling the engine as we speak. i dont want to wait for warrranty so im doing it myself now with some friends. im pissed off with all the problems the 250 has.

Do you think all the mods you have doen may have contributed to the failure?

Lightbulb

Did you install a block-off plate on the inter-cooler/blow-off valve.
    Sounds like boost was unable to release and blew out your crank seals.
    So much for modifications without R&D...

that sucks wen you pull the engine show some pics

Sorry to here that happened. Dident you just block off your bov. Did your buddy that just had the same problem block his off as well. Thanks Shawn

snapper455
    WOW sombody finaly blew one. took long enough. 5 hours solid racing at the mark hawn, 10 hours of racing practice, 2 races each a hour long, and mitch ochoa and 10 of his buddies went on a 612 mile cruise and at our shop we have had 0 motor probs.

snapper455
    I looked in the log, the only warrenty we had for seals was from oil way way over filling

snapper455
    I now see where you guys are blocking off the "BOV". you must know that the SC has a clutch similer to the one used on a AC compressor in your car. the reason is simple, a roots blower has the same boost at idle as WOT. SO if the clutch was to hang or the computer was confused by some sort of mod or bad over revving the "BOV" would protect the engine. In fact lets not call it a BOV lets call it a saftey valve. The valve hooked to the front of the IC is the item that controls boost anyway. when you stab the throttle the manifold pressure changes and closes this valve at the same time the SC goes into action. When you are at idle or reduced throttle this valve is open and the engine runs just like a normally asperated engine. or some were in between for partial boost. The valve on the side of the intercooler is just for safety. this valve should only leak when you come out of the water or during a malfunction. This valve does not "pop off" like a "bov" there is no manifold vacum line to it to make it "pop off" ---"for obvious reasons roots (boost at idle remember) if the roots malfuntioned with a real BOV it would never blow off until its to late " ---you can recalibrate it, BUT DON"T REMOVE IT!!!!
    Last edited by snapper455; 05-30-2007 at 11:53 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by joeprice View Post
    rode for 10min and it started heating up and pissing all the oil out in the engine bay. rmps where only at 6000 and it was over boosting. my friend had the same problem last month. his seals went, the bottom one, the front and the rear. i ordered every gasket and o ring, should have all the parts tomor. im pulling the engine as we speak. i dont want to wait for warrranty so im doing it myself now with some friends. im pissed off with all the problems the 250 has.
    Sorry to hear that, but it is impossible for a belt driven blower to "overboost" unless you are over spinning it. Its a blower not a turbo and if it was putting that much boost in the crankcase its got bigger problems that a couple bad seals. Let us know what you find out.

My guess is the ram air setup took in water to blow up the engine. Nothing to do with the BOVs.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information