Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    kenosha wisconsin
    Posts
    38

    2004 rxp stock only 7600 rpms,63 mph

    I have a bone stock 2004 rxp..It has only 13 hours on it,i just purchased it a week ago from the org. owner and he says he never had a problem,never took it in to the dealer..It runs only 7600 rpms and 63 mph on the factory speedo and tach.I beleive it should be 8100 rpms and 67 mph.. any ideas what might be the cause? ??? THANKS ALOT IN ADVANCE!!


  2. #2
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,062
    +1
    790
    Check the oil level. It is most likely over filled.

    Check it warmed up and LEVEL. Put it in between the mark on the stick.

    .

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    38
    Take it to the dealer and have them do the knock sensor pigtail update and ecu flash update. Then it will run like a new ski. I had to do the same.

  4. #4
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,062
    +1
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by yzlvr View Post
    Take it to the dealer and have them do the knock sensor pigtail update and ecu flash update. Then it will run like a new ski. I had to do the same.
    OH yea, I forget about that! Good point.

    1.) Check Oil level.
    2.) Go to dealer and see if Knock sensor update was done.

    .

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    kenosha wisconsin
    Posts
    38
    oil level was high...I am going to take it and have them do the updates thanks alot if there are any other things to do while I am there,it is still under waranty..Please let me know thanks

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by joe563 View Post
    oil level was high...I am going to take it and have them do the updates thanks alot if there are any other things to do while I am there,it is still under waranty..Please let me know thanks
    CLUTCHES!

  7. #7
    BlaZinMJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wyomissing, PA/Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    1,063
    yes changed those ceramic sc clutch washers for greenhulk's metal one's ASAP!

  8. #8
    rior1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    uk ESSEX
    Posts
    356
    i was running the same rpm ,ski went in the other day and found my spring washers were shot havet been out yet but iam sure its solved the problem


    Quote Originally Posted by joe563 View Post
    I have a bone stock 2004 rxp..It has only 13 hours on it,i just purchased it a week ago from the org. owner and he says he never had a problem,never took it in to the dealer..It runs only 7600 rpms and 63 mph on the factory speedo and tach.I beleive it should be 8100 rpms and 67 mph.. any ideas what might be the cause? ??? THANKS ALOT IN ADVANCE!!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cumming, GA
    Posts
    230
    Joe,
    Check the oil level as they have said. Keep it no more that half way between the two bends on the dipstick. It is best to check it on the water.

    Have the knock sensor and piggy back harness update done by the dealer. That also updates the stock ECU as well.

    Check the wear ring for wear.

    Check the impeller rubber/plastic nose boot to make sure it is on the impeller and not sliding up the drive shaft.

    If all else fails then check your SC clutch slip.

    Duane

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cumming, GA
    Posts
    230
    While you are at the dealer ask them if that boat has the hood latch recall. Some of the early 2004's needed an update on the hood latch.

    Duane

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-10-2017, 12:59 PM
  2. 2004 RXP will only get 54 MPH at 7300 RPMs
    By kingknine in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 08:17 AM
  3. 68mph on stock rxp but only 7600 rpms?
    By flnsx in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 10:18 PM
  4. 2004 RXP Stock Parts
    By Jammer 1 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 12:25 PM
  5. HELP!! my 2004 rxp had low the RPM's at full throttle
    By rafyrxp in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 11:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •