Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    2004 MSX 150

215 hp sea doo vs 250 hp kawasaki

Ok, need some help here and please be honest. I am about to buy either the 215 sea doo or 250 kawasaki which would you recommend and why ? I have had enough of being blown out of the water and want to join the fun.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    both are quick, both are fast, it's up to you really, as to which one you like.

RXP's are still consistently faster top speed, but only by 2-3mph and in smooth water.

Kawi's are big and great in the chop.

+1
    Here are some pros and cons of each:

RXP: Fastest top speed production craft, sporty look and not a huge whale like the new 3 seat crafts, many mods are out for the RXP and you can go from stock-90+ with the correct mods and $$, there are a number of people and companies putting in research to this machine and engine still.

Negatives: Handling is not the best but it's alright, hard to keep the ski planted in rough water, bounces at speeds over 70, supercharger washers need to be replaced with metal washers

250X: Great handling, plows through rough water, blows anything away on rough water

Negatives: The damn thing is so big they might as well call it a boat, horrible gas mileage, not many parts out as of yet.

Banned User
    +1
    The 250 is comparable to the RXT in size and handling....and there are a ton of parts available to make an RXP/RXT go REALLY fast...

I would suggest the RXP, and if you want a little size, the RXT....

Quote Originally Posted by SeanCucf View Post
    both are quick, both are fast, it's up to you really, as to which one you like.

RXP's are still consistently faster top speed, but only by 2-3mph and in smooth water.

Kawi's are big and great in the chop.
    I'm fully ok with you... - In France, we have the same discussions... - And we always debate between pro and anti-kawa's passioned guys...

I tried both watercrafts and i completely agree with SeanCucf!!!

the handling of an RXT and an Ultra 250 is comparable, the RXT handles like a snow sled in comparison to an Ultra. the 20% extra fuel the Ultra uses is the deal breaker though

Banned User
    I'm a Kawi guy by nature!! I've ridden the 250X alot and i'm sticken with my RXP. All depends on U.. If you like getting out ran all day, the Kawi is for U

+1
    I own An Rxt and its Awesome... The Kawis are beautiful machines too but the extra fuel use is what drove me away. Ive raced my friends and well either way your gonna have a huge smile on your face. Top end on the flat water hands down my Rxt when we hit the chop he rides a little smoother but it all comes down to whos got the bigger set of cojones between there legs, LoL fuel economy there is a difference though but its gonna be expensive no matter which one you get... Im paying 3.45 a gallon lmao if you can afford the ski then you can afford the gas right? I dont know if the Kawi has Vts trim My RXT doesnt and even though I dont need it, It would be nice soo good luck on your decision.

Rxt vs Rxp
    Storage compartment size if your gonna be cruising think about that and are you going to be riding alone or with a passanger??

+1
    we can give you our opinoin but what are some things you are looking for, speed, comfort, storage, long range riding, do you plan on leaving it stock,

I like the RXT but it is because that is what I am familuar with and I like the looks and the current mods that are avalible but next year I may like the new Yamaha

I think the horrible gas mileage is the killer on an otherwise pretty nice all around ski..(250)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information