Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    2004 MSX 150

250 hp kawasaki vs 215 hp sea doo

OK, need some help here and please be honest. I am about to buy either the 250 kawasaki or 215 sea doo which would you recommend and why? I have had enough of being blown out of the water and want to join the fun.

Just remember that horsepower isn't everything.

If you are looking for the ski with the best top speed potential then I would not look at the 250X. If you want to keep it stock then the 250X is a better option. If you want the best stock ski in rough water then the 250X is your best option.

Get the 250x, no washers to break.

Both are great Jetskis
    The 250X will kill you on gas.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Both are great Jetskis
    The 250X will kill you on gas.
    Ok This ski does like fuel a LITTLE more than most ski's but if you dont run WOT all the time( which is easy to do on the 250,becuase handles chop/rough better than most skis), the fuel useage is really not as bad as most people think,its a 250 hp chop gobbling machine, and most people that buy a 250 arent to concerned about the fuel anyways, so if thats the only negative you people see then thats a good thing.

I am an RXP guy, but I like the looks and the performance of the 250X that others tell me about. Hopefully I will get the chance to ride one this summer.

Two things though...

1. blownhotrodder, the washers are a quick and easy fix on the 4-tec SC platform so I don't see that as a reason not to buy a SeaDoo with a 4-tec SC or 4-tec SCIC engine.

2. Wolverine, does the 4-tec SCIC engine not drink the fuel also? No offense, but I think it's funny when some of we SeaDoo guys point out the 250X fuel consumption as a flaw when we don't get crap for hpg or mpg either.

When deciding between a SeaDoo with 215HP and the Kawi 250X, I believe you need to look deeper than HP. Ask yourself: how do I want the ski to handle, how big of a bottom vs. top end person am I, what water conditions will I be riding in, and MOST IMPORTANTLY which SeaDoo 215 am I comparing to the Kawasaki 250X?

I luv my Ultra in the chop just like everyone else. I'm curious tho how you guys compare it to the RXP when going intentionally for a little air time. I'm less confident flinging my Ultra around cuz of the xtra weight. RXP seems more agile in the air. Do people ever ride these Ultras in the surf or is that more the realm of the standups anyway? One of these years I want to go down to watch the Blowsion event on the Oregon coast which is the big surf riding place around here.

Yes I do agree that replacing the washers is not that big of a deal but other factors concerning the washers are. One is that if you do buy a new sc doo and replace the washers with metal ones some dealers will void your warranty. Also if you buy a used one you dont know if the stock ceramic ones were ever grenaded and you could be riding a ski that is a ticking time bomb ready to toss a rod because the second screen was never properly cleaned and is clogging the oil flow.
    Dont get me wrong the doo is a nice ski, I was this close to getting an 07 rxt. Got my otd price, sat on it, had my color picked out, and yes even had day dreams of riding that thing on the local lake. Only thing was I was already thinking about working on the damn thing and tearing into it to send the sc to get the washers switched out for the ones that they should have had 2 or 3 yrs ago. Well the more I thought and read about the 250x the more I wanted it. Also I wanted something diffrent so the x it was and I got it for the same price as the rxt otd. Grinning ear to ear, this thing is a monster. All I hear is gas this or gas that, the ski costs over 11K and you worry about $3 a gallon or so . A gallon of OJ is more expensive than gas, hell how much is a case of beer? Dont hear much complaining bout that.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    How Many Miles to a tank do the RXP/RXT get? on GPS

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    How Many Miles to a tank do the RXP/RXT get? on GPS
    I'm not sure, but I remember reading a chart from a PWC magazine that said that a STOCK RXP gets 12mpg at best. The catch is that you can't go above 30mph or that number really drops off. So some quick math...and according to that study an RXP can get about 190miles to a tank of gas. But who the hell never goes above 30mph or 5,000 RPM on an RXP?

There was an hour per gallon chart posted somewhere on here too for the RXP at 2 different RPM. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information