Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

anybody ever heard of irc fabrication?

looks like some pretty trick stuff; http://www.ircfabrication.com/intercoolers.html

the have a custom made IC on ebay for $400;
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Water...spagenameZWDVW

what kind of a psi drop do you get when you switch from stock ic to rotax or riva ic? i know you get "a little" drop but not sure what that means. does anybody have dimensions on the riva or rotax unit? core size?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	airwaterintercooler_507.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	1781  

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    yep, i've talked to the guy personally. Knows his shit!

+1
    Yes, It looks awesome, but whats with the $35 bucks to Ship??

Jerry just shipped me an IC and all the goodies and I bet it didn't cost that much to ship everything.

fabrication guru rapidacceleration's Avatar
    +1
    i shopped around for months before i bought my intercooler.
    i ended up with the presicionturbo pt 750 intercooler
    it was well constructed and worked great on a bb chevy ap i had years ago so i figured id stick with them for my ski aps.
    they should also be on ebay about 600 bucks

http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3102

does anybody have any outside dimensions for the riva ic. i am just trying to get a general idea what size it is. also any core info would be great.

+1
    I think Shibby has the link to the Vortech IC Riva uses in their kits.

+1
    35 bucks to ship.... that's not bad, even i wouldn't haggle that... it ain't exactly SMALL. so he makes 15 bucks of shipping maybe... whats 15 bucks when u got a 12k+ ski setup

mxl... marty (owner of IRC) is a rather firm believer in jamming the biggest intercooler possible into any application. that intercooler pictured is a large beast, don't let the photo deceive you. that intercooler is probably AT A MINIMUM double the size of the riva "Vortech" intercooler

Core info: stock we use BS crap tube and fin style.... it sucks basically... most every other performance intercooler manufacturer uses BAR & PLATE intercooler cores

question is, what do you guys want to do, peak onetime speeds in the cold months, or all around average good performance all year round? IMO, you can't find both in ONE intercooler. the larger intercoolers are more effective in the summer months of blazing heat and warm water, while the smaller intercoolers show awesome gains in the winter months. take your pick, one or the other, or find a middle ground... or be crazy and have two intercoolers on hand depending on the weather

+1
    IRC fab is run out of his basement in his house.... one man gig.. he's ex-military mechanic/machinist and welder or something like that, i forget his specific background.

He's done everything from SCed boats, daily driver cars, to dragsters with ice buckets and ice and freezing water.

--------------

In regards to Riva's specially made jetski application intercooler with which they joined forces with Vortech Engineers to devise the best intercooler for the Seadoo watercraft lineup i've been doing alot of detective work in my free time, lol... to say the least. i've spoken with Vortech directly on the phone few times and in e-mails, but in a round-about secretive way tryin to get info out of them without them knowing it was for marine or jetski application, thus sending me to riva. didn't believe the crock that this IC was unique to only riva...

take your pick!
    8N101-110, WELDED CORE ASSY. V-10 S.D.
    8N101-020, WELDED CORE ASSY LT1 FBODY

IDENTICAL intercoolers, they are called "power coolers," and can be found in the LT1 Camaro/ Firebird Vortech kits or in the 6.8 super duty kit. only difference being inlet and outlet diameters. I decided to be right up front with my contact there and said i mistakenly came across from weird "riva?" website that puts power systems onto something that looks like a water bike or jet mobile waverunner thing called a seadoo? and he replied back with that model # which happened to coincide with the above.

the DOWNFALL... prices were not so appealing after all that work. i got real excited like i found the connection for us all, and let's just say buying direct from Vortech made Riva look like Walmart

pic below look familiar?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

But your great detective skills did lead you to an answer! good work Shibbs!...PR...

..wow shibbs.thanks for the info. i sent irc fab. an email explaining the application, inlet/outlet size..ect. so ill let you know what he says. i kind of want a riva/vortech copy..small, compact, i can use rivas mounting system (which looks very clean), little boost loss.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information