RIVA ECU / Stock

Hi Guys, I wanted to pick up my ski today after getting a free flow exhoust and 4" intake on it. I forgot my key and so we put on a RIVA ECU just to see if it starts, no problem and very nice. Went back to put the stock ECU in and was disapointed!!!!! It was sluggish and didn't rund as round as with the RIVA ECU. Now, is the RIVA ECU so much better or what is happening here?? Can anybody explain????
    The ski wasonthe dry though!!!

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    well, you just changed your rev limiter to 8600 RPMs(RIVA), which, to say the least is not good with the stock valve hardware.....you need to upgrade lots more to run that ECU...

(i don't know the exact limit, but the point is the same.)

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogen View Post
    Hi Guys, I wanted to pick up my ski today after getting a free flow exhoust and 4" intake on it. I forgot my key and so we put on a RIVA ECU just to see if it starts, no problem and very nice. Went back to put the stock ECU in and was disapointed!!!!! It was sluggish and didn't rund as round as with the RIVA ECU. Now, is the RIVA ECU so much better or what is happening here?? Can anybody explain????
    The ski wasonthe dry though!!!
    Really no explation needed.. You went from a stock ECU to a High performance ECU with better fuel maps and ignition curves.
    You ran the Riva ECU with stock injectors? I'm not sure but I don't think I'd do that again. I think you will starve the engine for fuel

OK, so basically, the RIVA ECU is putting a lot of stress onto the engine and therefore only good if you are serious about racing and have the budget and expertise for the other upgrades and extended maintenance. The workshop where I have my work done would have simly put the RIVA ECU in and sent me off to a happy ride.....or a swift return
    That's correct,isn't it?

Thread Information