Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oil Change

Oil Change

Im gettin ready to change my oil for my 10 hour service and i really really really dont wanna take it to the dealer... sooo any advice while i am doing the oil change please give.. 07 rxp.. non supercharged

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by pink41786 View Post
    Im gettin ready to change my oil for my 10 hour service and i really really really dont wanna take it to the dealer... sooo any advice while i am doing the oil change please give.. 07 rxp.. non supercharged

Real easy!! First get a oil buddy or some kind of pump that allows you to put the hose down your dip stick hole. pump out all your oil, fill with a cheap mineral oil then repeat pump out, fill with mineral oil and repeat pump out again. Final step remove oil filter than replace and fill with oil of your choice(quality oil of course)

Banned User
    could have saved some time...

View thread;

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32

+1
    Do they really do anything else on the 10 hr service and how much have you guys paid for it. I was quoted over 200 bucks. Thats over 400 for the two ski's just for an oil change?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcastle View Post
    Do they really do anything else on the 10 hr service and how much have you guys paid for it. I was quoted over 200 bucks. Thats over 400 for the two ski's just for an oil change?
    Other than checking for loose hoses and a good visual, not much..

07 rxp.. non supercharged
    ...huh...didn't know there was such an animal.

+1
    As far as oil goes. There are quite a few people here using AMSOIL 10W-40 Motorcycle oil since is safe for the supercharger clutch. You can also use the AMSOIL 10W-40 Synthetic Marine Oil.
    You can run the AMSOIL Synthetic 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil without friction modifiers.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    In my ski I tried using oil that contained friction modifiers and i suffered from early clutch slippage so i went back to the BRP oil. However, i have been using an Amsoil synthetic that contains no friction modifiers in Carey's ski for the last 15-20 hours and everything is perfect. [/IMG]

10W-40 AMSOIL Synthetic Motorcycle Oil
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=367509&page=storefront/mcf

10W-40 AMSOIL Synthetic Marine Oil
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=367509&page=storefront/wcf

Prices on the web are retail. Buy AMSOIL at Wholesale Cost and save 15-35% by becoming a Preferred Customer or Dealer. PM, EM or Call me for a price quote. http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...n/preferredapp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    As far as oil goes. There are quite a few people here using AMSOIL 10W-40 Motorcycle oil since is safe for the supercharger clutch.

Now all we got to do is get a copy of the Sea Doo bulletin telling it's dealers that this oil is approved for use in the SC skis. My dealer said he called Sea Doo about me running Amsoil. He said they would not approve it because it causes problems with the needle bearings in the SC. (???). My dealer will not let me use it under warranty.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Now all we got to do is get a copy of the Sea Doo bulletin telling it's dealers that this oil is approved for use in the SC skis. My dealer said he called Sea Doo about me running Amsoil. He said they would not approve it because it causes problems with the needle bearings in the SC. (???). My dealer will not let me use it under warranty.

Give them this file and tell me where you get with them. I hope this will help you out. Does the dealer say that you have to use their oil only or anything else will void the warranty?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Give them this file and tell me where you get with them. I hope this will help you out. Does the dealer say that you have to use their oil only or anything else will void the warranty?
    He just said I could not use Amsoil without nuilling the warranty. Like I said he talked with Sea Doo and they would not let him use it. This was on my 04 GTX. I made him use it and when I traded it in I got a lot of static about them having to rebuild the SC because I used amsoil. I did not discuss any other oil with him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information