speedster S200 owners - rpm sync issue

To all the S200 twin 4-tec owners, have you noticed that - particularly at WOT - one engine is running a few hundred rpms higher or lower than the other?

My starboard engine is running @ 200 to 300 rpms lower than my port engine, and a few other S200 owners have indicated the same thing happens (stbd engine running lower rpms than port) with their boats.

We are trying to figure out why this happens in an effort to correct it. It does not seem to be that just the tachs are miscalibrated, but rather that the engines are truly running different rpms at WOT. Pump friction, shaft alignment, hull design, weight balance ????????

It would help to know if this is something that a small minority of S200 owners are experiencing or if it is common to many owners.

I notice it not only at WOT but at cruising speeds as well. Maybe even as much as 500rpms. If I adjust the rpms to even then the boat drives wierd.

I notice this also on my 07 Utopia. Same thing my starboard engine is 200-300RPMS lower atleast during cruising. I haven't had it WOT yet so not sure what the difference is there.

I'm seeing the same on my 06 Utopia. Today I ran WOT, saw 55.2 mph on the gps with my starboard revs at 7000 and my port side running 7300. Strange uh?

I have one at 7400 and one at 7600 WOT.

Wow thoses are low rpms numbers for an SCIC motor. Your ceramic washers may be as week as mine were. You need to put some of Jerry's metal washers in there. I would have tested mine today but a major exhaust noise/vibration keep me on the trailer. My foam padding under the post side muffler is gone and it was resting on the hull but I got some padding under it now and it's much better. I'm going to try and go out one evening this week to test everything out before Mugbugs.

Paul

Yea, I need to get those washers put in but knowing me, I will have to install the green s/c and 4" intakes then the impellars. It wouldnt be to bad for 1 motor, but when you have two

Quote Originally Posted by 800REV View Post
    Yea, I need to get those washers put in but knowing me, I will have to install the green s/c and 4" intakes then the impellars. It wouldnt be to bad for 1 motor, but when you have two

I know what you mean. I'm just lucky Jerry don't have a couple of green sc wheels on hand. Yeah having 2 motors is fun until it come time to buying something.

Thread Information