Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ultra 250 Insurance

Called State Farm to add my Ultra to my insurance. SF said no can do--too much hp. Sent me to another insurer who gave me full coverage for $295 per year which I thought was a great deal. All the written application asked was whether it went over 75mph or had more than 500hp. No space to write in "not yet" so just no was the right answer.

Please excuse my many double posts, I keep forgettin my train of thought. Over the phone the carrier asked me if ski was "modifed for speed" but the written app only asked whether top speed was over 75. There was a whole page of disclaimers from coverage though in the event of any misrepresentation of fact. I know the issue in misrep cases is the facts exisiting at time of application but do you think any of the mods discussed in these posts would come into play if done prior to app? I'm thinking probably not if the engine itself is not touched but it could be a tricky one. With some carriers you gotta fill out an updated app every year...Not sure what difference it would make to the premium either...

State Farm insured mine with no problem.

I guess local or regional underwriting rules may vary, but what do you think about the "modified for speed" questions? Did SF ask you that on the app?

PWC Insurance

I went with United Marine Underwritters. I am paying $500.00 a year for both of my ultra 250X's. That is the cheapest I found. I have Allstate car & home insurance. They wanted $900.00 a year to insure the ski's.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    I guess local or regional underwriting rules may vary, but what do you think about the "modified for speed" questions? Did SF ask you that on the app?
    No, I did it over the phone. 250 ded.

Update: well st. farm called me yesterday and told me they were sorry but couldnt insure the X due to the hp rating so I guess im on the search now. Any suggestions? I do have a free month of coverage though .

Wink

I have Progressive. $410.00 a year. Including trailer coverage with a 250 Deductible. 100,000.00 policy
    Last edited by Big Red Monster; 06-21-2007 at 04:42 AM.

American Collector's Insurance

$296/yr for 250x and trailer

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by desert dirt diver View Post
    I went with United Marine Underwritters. I am paying $500.00 a year for both of my ultra 250X's. That is the cheapest I found. I have Allstate car & home insurance. They wanted $900.00 a year to insure the ski's.
    Allstate quoted me 380.00-465.00 a year for a single 250X. Cheaper rate if my current "allstate score rating" was a 1 and the higher price if score was a 5. Everyone insured by Allstate now have a 1-5 rating. Depending on how many claims you have had, how long you have been with Allstate, etc. My rating is 1 so I would only have to pay 380.00 a year. I think I will shop around because even though I have 2 cars with Allstate they can't add the ski to my current policy. It would be a completely different policy.....so might as well shop around. Don't get a multiple car/ski discount. Might as well find cheaper insurance.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information