Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    +1
    Exactly, there shouldn’t be any air coming out of there unless you chop the throttle. The system uses the blowoff/dump valve for when you chop the throttle. For the most part, the ECU should be using the wastegate controller to control boost. Well, to test the wastegate, you could ride the ski with the seat off, go to WOT, and pull the wastegate closed (toward you) and see if it gives you more power/speed.

I like pipes. I love boost Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Check the small hose that comes off the intake manifold and runs to the blow off valve and fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail. Those are known to crack. Then you would have a small boost leak that would mess with the blow off valve and map sensor

Alright for an update. I checked the small vacuum lines to bov and fuel pressure regulator and they checked good. Ive used a device i use to check for intercooler leaks on the duramax with compress air. I charged the charge air system(hooked into right after turbo) with 15psi and it showed no leaks. And its slowly dropped pressure and took about a min to do so. So i do believe i dont have an air leak and tge bov is holding. I bought another map sensor to try to i stall( the top 4 wire one ) i will try to take it out here after work and see what happends. I will also try to pull the wastegate valve to see if i get any more speed out of her. Thanks again all

Alright got the sky back out and no change. I keep tension on the wastegate and boom the sky has more power. so i know for sure that it has to be something waste gate issues. I took the solenoid back off and actuated it with a 9volt battery i had off hand and it will hold 25psi of pressure when i activate the solenoid and use the mityvac and pressure releases when i remove the battery. so i feel like the solenoid is working. i started to look at the wiring to it. my question is what voltage am i suppose to have bc when i check it with my volt meter i check red wire of solenoid to ground at the battery and only got 5.6volts. i looked at the schematic in service manual and saw that waste gate has a splice number 1 that shares power to injectors. i did the same test with the injectors and saw similar readings. i was kinda fiquring that that system would use 12v source. Bc now i questioning do i have enough voltage to operate the solenoid which is causing my problem.... ANY thoughts on my idea or is it just madness?

Quote Originally Posted by sparks244 View Post
    Alright got the sky back out and no change. I keep tension on the wastegate and boom the sky has more power. so i know for sure that it has to be something waste gate issues. I took the solenoid back off and actuated it with a 9volt battery i had off hand and it will hold 25psi of pressure when i activate the solenoid and use the mityvac and pressure releases when i remove the battery. so i feel like the solenoid is working. i started to look at the wiring to it. my question is what voltage am i suppose to have bc when i check it with my volt meter i check red wire of solenoid to ground at the battery and only got 5.6volts. i looked at the schematic in service manual and saw that waste gate has a splice number 1 that shares power to injectors. i did the same test with the injectors and saw similar readings. i was kinda fiquring that that system would use 12v source. Bc now i questioning do i have enough voltage to operate the solenoid which is causing my problem.... ANY thoughts on my idea or is it just madness?
    I recently lost top end speed with no check engine light. I swapped out the oxygen sensor with a known good one and replaced the plugs it totally fixed the problem. I guessed that the O2 sensor was bad causing it to run rich and foul the plugs.

THE SKI IS RUNNING AGAIN!! I changed my O2 sensor with no change. Long story short I ended up riding around playing with the wastegate for like 30mins by holding it while I would accelerate to get the boost and speed up and after awhile the ski came back to life on her own after 5miles of riding on and off the throttle. I think I was victim of the dreaded stuck in dumb mode. SO I don't really have an answer on what the true fix was. But I cant argue with how its running again full boost and rpm. Thankyou everyone for all the advise and hints to try to get me rocking again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information