+1

3/4 of rpm kit installed today

I got everything but the exhaust done today. Water tested and lost a little bottom end but gained 4mph on top end. I know the stock speedo and tach aren't correct but it went from 62mph to 66mph. I'm turning a little less rpm now but hopefully when the exhaust is done that will bump up a little. I'm at 7000 rpm even and used to be 1 or 2 bars past that in stock trim. Can't wait to do the exhaust and see what happens. If my rpms don't come back up after the exhaust is done I will send the prop to Impros to be fine tuned.

my opinion the exhast wont bring it up 800 rpms. optimal is around 7800 with my 14/21 i was pulling 7600 and still pulled 69 mph gps average.get a timing advance if you dint all ready have one.id shoot for atleast 7600 after everything.

+1
    So far I'm not impressed. My buddy has a stock 2002 GP 1200 and from a roll he can pull me a little bit. There only 63-64 mph in stock trim. From a stop I kill him out of the hole about 4 boat legths but on the top end he still has me by a hair. That would mean that the exhaust has to be worth 2-3 mph to get 66 as the kit claims.

+1
    Does the timing advance come with diretions?

yes it comes with instalation instructions

You just need to get a REAL speed reading with GPS. From what I here, the intake and exhaust work hand in hand. I'm in the process of installing the the full RPM kit on my '06 15f and hope I'm not disappointed. In stock form I was able to hit 63mph (GPS numbers) on glass that was about 72 degrees.
    Last edited by SC61HB; 06-03-2007 at 08:21 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SC61HB View Post
    You just need to get a REAL speed reading with GPS. From what I here, the intake and exhaust work hand in hand. I'm in the process of installing the the full RPM kit on my '06 15f and hope I'm not disappointed. In stock form I was able to hit 63mph (GPS numbers) on glass that was about 72 degrees.
    With the mods you have done, what effect has it had on fuel usage? I have an LX that I want to get more speed out of but if my milage goes down, i might as well just sell it and get the 250X.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    With the mods you have done, what effect has it had on fuel usage? I have an LX that I want to get more speed out of but if my milage goes down, i might as well just sell it and get the 250X.

Jim
    I'll let you know once I have a chance to get out, hopefully this weekend.

Thread Information