Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stock Hoses

Stock Hoses

Today one of my stock hoses that goes to the head broke. I was able to cut it at the lake and re attach it with no leak. I am going to replace those two hoses for sure. What other hoses have a problem? What do you replace them with?

+1
    All my hoses have been replaced with Synflex (St. Gobain) hose. I bought it from RIVA. expensive per foot, but it'll last ya. I'm going on 5 years now no problems.

I am sure others have used other types of hose. Maybe they will chime in.

I'm curious also to see what others use. Good thread

+1
    Synflex is a great quality hose and what I use as well. While your at it invest in some Oetiker clamps and pliers and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Today one of my stock hoses that goes to the head broke. I was able to cut it at the lake and re attach it with no leak. I am going to replace those two hoses for sure. What other hoses have a problem? What do you replace them with?
    So how did those V3 reeds work for ya?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
    So how did those V3 reeds work for ya?
    71mph on the gps and climbing but the cove i was running in wasnt long enough so i was hitting heavy chop right at 70-71. It was 83 ish out side, elevation was 1170, and the wind was about 5-15. I am hoping next time out it will be smoother for a longer distance so I can get some higher numbers. These number where made in about a quater mile distance.

When i was out there i saw a new 250x and we raced from a roll. It really wasnt close, i just walked him. His buddy on an rxp also ran me, it was stock but sounded strange. Wasnt all that fast either, i would say slightly faster than the 250x but maybe something was wrong with it.

Chris that's great! What are your mods again, or are they in another post? I think I saw them somewhere but I can't remember.

Nice numbers, could you feel more low end snap with the reeds? I know what you mean on the flat water. Almost impossable to find here in California on the weekends.
    I pulled my trim tabs and shimed my ride plate with no flat water luck either. Think i will put the tabs back on because the ski was doing alot of 25mph rolling at all speeds. Sure is alot of water that gets trapped in the stock tabs. Maybe a little 4200 will help.

Quote Originally Posted by NateGP1300R View Post
    Chris that's great! What are your mods again, or are they in another post? I think I saw them somewhere but I can't remember.
    ff plate
    riva grate
    no tabs
    vf3s
    dplate
    efi
    14 20 dy
    2005 pump

thats basicly it

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    be sure not to over tighten the clamps

Quote Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
    Nice numbers, could you feel more low end snap with the reeds? I know what you mean on the flat water. Almost impossable to find here in California on the weekends.
    I pulled my trim tabs and shimed my ride plate with no flat water luck either. Think i will put the tabs back on because the ski was doing alot of 25mph rolling at all speeds. Sure is alot of water that gets trapped in the stock tabs. Maybe a little 4200 will help.
    Yea, it has a better low end pull with the reeds. I can put the trim all the way up and hit it, ski comes all the way out of the water.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information