Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A 90 MPH ski?

+1

A 90 MPH ski?

Ha, I've been breaking in my reworked 01 GPR, and had a ball busting this kids chops on a Seadoo SC RXP. He was asking me what I did to my GPR, I told him split fire spark plugs, , anyway he tells me I must be going 90 mph cause the Sheriff radared his boat at 83 and he knows I was going at least 90. I'd like to brag that number for sure, but the truth is I'm at 73.0 at 7410 rpm. Working on getting Jim's plate, my trim tabs, and everything else working together.
    Anyway, a while later there is another Doo going the other way, he spins right around and wants to go. Low and behold, its the same kid on another boat, he thought something was wrong with his and he wanted to get beat again.(my words) The exuberance of youth.

+1
    LOL. Don't you love it.

+1

+1
    I had a kid at the landing today tell me a Kawi 250x goes 90+ right out the box

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I had a kid at the landing today tell me a Kawi 250x goes 90+ right out the box
    I had a kid tell me that a couple of weeks ago while Snowman was talking to me at the time. He asked me how fast was the RXT? I told him 65 mph! Snowman asked me why I didn't tell him an exaggerated number? Beacause you get sick of hearing the bull every time you are filling up with gas or stopped and someone has to talk up to ya! My recent favorite was when I looked at an 01 RXDI for a buddy and the owner told me it went 75 mph! So I told him to stop with the bull crap and start telling me realistic issues about the RXDI. It was priceless to see the look on his face!

I've yet to have anyone approach me out on the water as of yet, perhaps they see that my GPR looks to be mostly stock so they figure there's no interest there...who knows I wouldn't mind putting her to the test and drag my ass around the point every so often....

i seen an ultra 250 go 80 mph, that thing was flying down the interstate being pulled by a friends truck here in tennessee. lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drico View Post
    I've yet to have anyone approach me out on the water as of yet, perhaps they see that my GPR looks to be mostly stock so they figure there's no interest there...who knows I wouldn't mind putting her to the test and drag my ass around the point every so often....
    dave its not your bone stock ski that keeping them from asking questions its the fact you like you eat small children.. ..

+1
    I had a kid come up to me and say his brother's new Honda turbo can beat any ski on the water. I think he mentioned something like 80mph, stock!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drico View Post
    Bro their scared to come up to you. I am sure they would like to ask questions but just too afraid.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information