Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What Is Going To Replace The Gpr In 2008

Does Anyone Know If The Gpr Will Be In Yamaha's Line Up In 2008. If Not, What Will Be Comming Out For Us To Play With.

Does Anyone Have Any Idea?

The rumor mill has it that the GPR is done for now. Yamaha is coming out with a large engine (2.0L) in a 3 seater. With any luck they may put this engine in a GPR or 2 seater at a later date but it doesn't look good for 08'.

+1
    If a motor with over 200hp gets put in a 2-seater hull, it will be a big heavy two seater hull, it won't weigh any less than an RXP. They are not going to come out with something that runs 70+ out of the box. We all know what the RXP motor does in the current GPR hull, and Yamaha will not make make anything that fast.

In the motorcycle field yamaha makes some of the fastest street bikes....going way over the speed normal people ride, but they still make it. I think if they can come up with a ski thats both dependable and cost effective they will build it no matter how fast it is.
    In a way we need to understand where the market for the pwc is. I think that the other manufactures have been targeting the family market. Being that the majority of the people who ride pwc really just want to get out there and cut up and have fun rather than line up to see whos ski is a second faster..
    All we can do is hope that the motor heads out weigh the saftey police on the design team at yamaha.

Man I hope and pray as well, I believe that everything has a place in this world and I'm thinking that if the entire market gets positioned around pulling tubes etc....we're done for. Yamaha needs to retain the muscle that has made the GPR a hit over the years...variances aren't bad let's just hope they don't abandon the theme altogether..

Dave

The RXP

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    The RXP

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog800 View Post
    In the motorcycle field yamaha makes some of the fastest street bikes....going way over the speed normal people ride, but they still make it. I think if they can come up with a ski thats both dependable and cost effective they will build it no matter how fast it is.
    In a way we need to understand where the market for the pwc is. I think that the other manufactures have been targeting the family market. Being that the majority of the people who ride pwc really just want to get out there and cut up and have fun rather than line up to see whos ski is a second faster..
    All we can do is hope that the motor heads out weigh the saftey police on the design team at yamaha.
    absolutly...you hit the nail on the head....

+1
    This is for the Yamaha big brass
    What are you thinking???????
    You have a cheap rental ski the VX
    You have a nice thee seater FX (I guess from the reports never rode one)
    You have a awesome two seater GPR

Leave the hulls alone build us a new motor from the ground up for marine use,say a light weight reliable supercharged three or four cylinder that puts out 275 h.p.!
    GPR 275 h.p. awesome all around fast!!! wave jumping, RXP eating machine.
    FX 275 h.p. RXT & 250X eater and chop handling dream
    FX nonsupercharged tuned back version of the same motor 190 / 200 h.p.
    VX same motor small head, a cam grind for fuel milage small injectors 120 h.p.

Now for the safety office (the previous part was for the sales department) for speed control have a built in speed limiter that run primarily off GPS if no signal is found it would default off the dremo meter wheel and RPM presets. This would be an great set up for you and consumer, when us preformance guys by pass the speed limiting system it would void all warrantys and liabilitys for you! and we would have a factory 80 mph machine.

And also a GPR with 275 h.p. and speed limter set at say 69 mph you would not be at full throttle with the motor under full load coditions more than a few secound before the speed limiter kicked in so with that factored in it should contribute to a long lasting problem free motor for your warranty department.
    With a line up like that who buy anything but a YAMAHA
    Please Yamaha Please

OK I am done dreaming

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information