Superchargers back on and now a major noise/vibration

I got everything put back on my S200 yesterday afternoon and fired it up. One engine sounds fine just like normal but with more SC whine since I put the 4" intakes on as well. When I started the second engine up it sounded fine for about 5-10 seconds an then started the noise with vibration. I killed the engine waited a few seconds and started it back up and NO noise. I thought the noise was just the impellor not being in the water. My old Challenger 1800 would make a noise like that when started up dry. I started the boat back up this morning and it was instantly there and is there everytime you start it. I went to launch to see it it did it in the water and it's still there. It's just a night and day difference in sound between the 2 motors.

What could I have done wrong?? I did have to move the water boxes back and can't seem to find the foam that was already missing from that side waterbox but it was like that since the dealer worked on it before. It's been laying in the bilge since last year. I lifted the box up while the engine was running and the noise is still there. Could I have connected the exhaust back up wrong. It seems pretty fool proof.

Any Ideas????

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed200 View Post
    I got everything put back on my S200 yesterday afternoon and fired it up. One engine sounds fine just like normal but with more SC whine since I put the 4" intakes on as well. When I started the second engine up it sounded fine for about 5-10 seconds an then started the noise with vibration. I killed the engine waited a few seconds and started it back up and NO noise. I thought the noise was just the impellor not being in the water. My old Challenger 1800 would make a noise like that when started up dry. I started the boat back up this morning and it was instantly there and is there everytime you start it. I went to launch to see it it did it in the water and it's still there. It's just a night and day difference in sound between the 2 motors.

What could I have done wrong?? I did have to move the water boxes back and can't seem to find the foam that was already missing from that side waterbox but it was like that since the dealer worked on it before. It's been laying in the bilge since last year. I lifted the box up while the engine was running and the noise is still there. Could I have connected the exhaust back up wrong. It seems pretty fool proof.

Any Ideas????
    Bad plugs or bad gas most likely.

+1
    I`d rule out fuel since they both draw form the same tank(s) more than likely. You could have a boost leak or a coil/ plug down.

I'm thinking it's the muffer/waterbox that is up against the hull with no foam padding. The factory stuff has fallen out and is no where to be found. I used a peice from the other muffler and it's much better but there is still a tone difference between the 2 engines. The front of the water box is still touching the hull but I think the pad in the rear is absorbing the vibration since it's a 100% better now. Once I let the exhaust cool off and the blood flow back out of my head from standing on it I think I will loosen the J-pipe back up and slide a piece of silicone hose under the front of the box. I'm trying to avoid taking that engine hatch off at all cost again. That thing must weight 300 pounds. I'll probably be pulling the chargers back off in the winter for some green sc wheels so I can fix it better then.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Information