Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1

Pump Shoe Seal Kit

Anybody have any technical opinions to share on the real need for this rather than just a better sealing job than what the factory has done??

Wink

I installed one on mine. ZERO Cavitation..I would say it`s worth $89.00 bucks.

I would just clean up the stock silicone job first. I trimmed some excess silicone from the pump seal on my 12F, sanded the grate and ride plate and filled the mounting holes and got about 1.5 - 2 MPH more out of the ski. It's slow by Ultra standards but I like having a 175 hour stock 12F that does 56 - 58 gps.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Monster View Post
    I installed one on mine. ZERO Cavitation..I would say it`s worth $89.00 bucks.
    Was there any "details" you couldn't have just sealed up easily without the stuffer kit?

No

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Was there any "details" you couldn't have just sealed up easily without the stuffer kit?
    Nope. Just buy the pump seal kit and you`ll be happy.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    You dont have to have a pump seal kit for the pump to be effecient.Just do a better job with the silicone than the Kawasaki workers did.

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    You dont have to have a pump seal kit for the pump to be effecient.Just do a better job with the silicone than the Kawasaki workers did.
    O So True Ultra250Tn.....Why doesnt everyone having cavitation problems just start with the easy fix first!! Just clean up the extra grease, cut off the extra silicone and reseal it the proper way. Try that first, its cheaper than going out and buying the pump stuffer kit by far. Instead everyone keeps on pushing the stuffer kits down everybodys throat when they havent even tried the first easy fix to start off with....If that doesnt work then fine go spend the bucks on the kits...of course this is just IMO and I have zero cavitation and have hit over 70 on GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykull View Post
    O So True Ultra250Tn.....Why doesnt everyone having cavitation problems just start with the easy fix first!! Just clean up the extra grease, cut off the extra silicone and reseal it the proper way. Try that first, its cheaper than going out and buying the pump stuffer kit by far. Instead everyone keeps on pushing the stuffer kits down everybodys throat when they havent even tried the first easy fix to start off with....If that doesnt work then fine go spend the bucks on the kits...of course this is just IMO and I have zero cavitation and have hit over 70 on GPS.
    Yep ... I didnt need a stuffer kit. Just a careful silicone job on the intake grate and now zero cavitation. Save your money for a tank of gas! lol

+1
    Between the silicone and the rubber pump seal, once you fix those two items, the STOCK Ultra has zero cavitation. If yours cavitates something is wrong with it.

Thread Information