water stainer mount ideas!!!

hey anybody have any ideas or pics were they mounted there strainer!!!! just order one need some ideas thanks!!!

Grand Haven, MI
    I looked at my setup for a long time before figuring out where I wanted it. I wanted it accessible without tearing off the seat base, and I wanted it mounted far away from any metal or anything that it could bump into due to slight movement. I finally mounted it to the front of the coolant overflow bottle ... on the overflow bottle there is 'webbing' at the sides ... I drilled holes through that and used thick zipties (and a thick rubber 'mat' between the coolant bottle and strainer mounting bracket, also drilled and the zip ties go through it too) to secure it to the coolant bottle. I used the mounting bracket to do this, just drilled a couple new holes in the right place to accomodate the zip ties. Then I measured and ran hose and fittings. Works great, very accessible, not near anything, can't bump or crack.

But, second time out I got an exhaust overheat. I put a garden hose blockoff in the flush fitting in the rear, no more overheat. I will change the routing of one hose, going to a longer hose and eliminating the 90 degree elbow currently in it. Some have found that 90 degree elbows can slow water down enough to occasionally cause overheat alarm.

The nice thing with this setup, it stays with the coolant bottle, still can pull the coolant bottle/strainer as a unit if I need to pull the seat base off, its very easy to unscrew and dump the strainer too. Just my setup, others might have different setups that also work great.

Go long on the hoses initially ... then trim them as needed with final fitment. Keeping them long allows you to keep them from contacting potentially warm/hot/chafing engine parts or clamps, etc. USE GOOD HIGH PRESSURE 3/4" HOSE AND GOOD STAINLESS CLAMPS, AND TEFLON TAPE ON THE SCREW IN FITTINGS INTO THE STRAINER. Don't get huge on overtightening the plastic fittings into the strainer either, just go pretty tight using your hands, no tools, don't want to crack anything.
    Last edited by Vern; 06-03-2007 at 01:15 PM. Reason: mistake

Wausau, WI
    Here is a link to a pic of how i mounted mine

Sunny SC
    Just ordered mine too. Please post pics mounted on a RXP.

Thanks in advance,

thanks vern and hoops man its great too have people with the same interest and hobbies too share ideas

Lake Chickamauga/ Chattanooga TN
    and mine, its kinda tricky twisting the bowl off but I can do it with the cowl still on, although its alot easier with it off. . .

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007_0426(002).JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	452.5 KB 
ID:	26824  

Banned User
    Crest Hill, IL
    i had to notch the seat cowel to fit the bracket...And after the first ride I rotated the strainer outward so that it could be unscrewed and clear the pipes on removal...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7056.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	26825  

Thread Information