+1

I hate insurance shopping!!

I'm absolutely leaving my mind on this. Everytime I start looking for insurance I end up getting really pissed.

Just turned 26 yo last weekend, no wrecks, 3 minor speeding tickets (last one in '03)

I've got friends younger than I that have unbelievable driving records (tickets, wrecks, etc..) That somehow can always end up paying a third of what I get quoted.

Really ticks me off. I've been driving 1980's S-10's since day one, both with over 220,000 miles on them. It is TIME for a newer truck.

Found a 2003 Tundra I like, and I like to figure out my insurance before buying a vehicle.....no brainer I guess.

What really ticks me off is when I go through the whole online quote and just for shit's and giggles see how much cheaper my rate would be if I didnt have a penis.........THIS part really pisses me off, it's like half as much just for a woman. PHUCKERS!

Sorry, had to vent.

Stastically you are a higher risk than your female counterparts and insurance companies use statistics to calculate rates. They also take into account your FICO score; a person with driving record worse than yours but with a good credit score can and often does pay less for insurance. A FICO above 720 will help your rates quite a bit, if it is not at that level you may want to do some research into getting your score higher.

+1
    Sometimes it pays to be a little older, although I'd love to be 26 and complain about insurance rates. It's funny, now I'm 47, insurance is cheap and I just wish I were younger.
    Funny how that damn lawn is ALWAYS greener on the other side of the fence.
    But I do hear you about the ridiculous rates offered by insurance companies when under 35.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    Just make sure you shop around. I called about 15-20 companies for my car insurance. Prices ranged from $300 a month down to $75. I am 25 with no tickets in the past 3 years, no accidents. Full coverage on a financed rubicon.

+1
    Well......I ended up getting a good deal on the truck so now it's time to start visiting every insurance office in my area

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    if it makes you feel better (though I'm sure it won't)....I can bet your friends who pay lots less have crappy coverage, rediculous deductibles, or are lying...

ya ok , i see 10 million little and big stuck up bitchs on there phones changeing lanes with out signaling , not keeping there eyes on the road , one time iv seen a gal paintin her nails

but yea same here no accidents ( knock on wood ) an 3 speeding tickets ,

still 80 a month for a 1999 s10 , with over 200,000

hey redline still got the old s10 ? if you want a hotrod nothing is easyier than installing a 350 in a late model s10 ,

an do the math 2800 lb truck + 300 hp = fast ass mofo

go to mys10.com for support for your I-4 v6 or v8

an redline in my states your driveing tickets or moveing violations get wiiped off every 3 years , so you shouldnt mention your past so much next time ,

an those toyotas gotta good rep from what i hear . but when i hear landers an tacomas roll buy i hear alotta noise from the engine compartment i dont wanna be hateing but i wouldnt spend the extra money on it , becuase the resale value of the toyotas are very high i just dont know if they are worth it ,

the new colorados and cayons are sweet and quite , with a 23 mpg city and high way they are a bargain
    Last edited by Bone1050; 06-04-2007 at 06:27 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TM1 View Post
    Stastically you are a higher risk than your female counterparts and insurance companies use statistics to calculate rates. They also take into account your FICO score; a person with driving record worse than yours but with a good credit score can and often does pay less for insurance. A FICO above 720 will help your rates quite a bit, if it is not at that level you may want to do some research into getting your score higher.
    If your FICO score is low and your parents have a high score. You can get a CC under their account and your score will go up. Just a thought.

Thread Information