Thread: WOT on NA 4-Tec

WOT on NA 4-Tec

Got some flat water and no kids on the ski over the weekend so a good chance to give it WOT, salt water and about 30hours on the ski. 3/4 tank of gas was the only negative.

Topped out at about 7,500 RPM and 59MPH on the clock (no GPS) I have seen 61mph before so was not overwelmed.

If we can leave the "get a S/C" type of advice to one side I'd be intersted in comments on expected rpm and speed.....?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    it's a good ski, i used to own one. Bulletproof and NOTHING to worry about with that ski, that's for sure.

7500 RPMS is on target... and on GPS you can expect 57-58 mph on a GPS in my experience when i owned one.

i would definitely recommend a pump wedge and SOLAS prop on that machine. you'll notice a nice gain in acceleration and hole shot from these two parts and maybe 1-2 mph top speed gain, but the acceleration gain makes it worth it.

is your ski all stock as of right now? do you WANT to modifiy it? or just looking for tips to keep it stock and maintain it properly?

Hey Shibby, thanks for the reply. It is a stock 2005 "Wake" edition. More of a family boat than speed machine, we ski, wakeboard, tube etc behind it. Every now and then (last Saturday) I get a play on my own, hard to keep the kids off it. Did discover a nasty tendancy to dig the nose in with a following swell, cost me a pair of good sunglasses when the world went green for a second or two! Not really looking to mod it, but knowwhere to ocme for advice when I do. Cheers RJ

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the machines do have a tendency to nose dive and knock you for a loop if you hit a wave wrong. I've lost many pairs of sun glasses and taken hard waves to the face and chest... this mostly happens when i have a full tank of gas on board.... if you are interested in raising the bow of the boat up a little bit to stay a little drier when in rough water and sort of eliminate that nose-diving, it's as simple as installing a pump wedge... 100 bucks keeps u drier, less nose dives, MAYBE 1 mph more top speed, and greatly increases the turning of the ski. makes it feel a little more nimble and lighter.

other than that, it's a great ski.... one of the most reliable machines out there in my opinion ( the NA 155 HP 4-tec)

any questions in the future, don't hesistate to come here!

Thread Information