Locking Bow Latch

Anyone ever installed some kind of lock on the bow storage compartment? I keep some valuable gear in there and sometimes have to leave ski unattended.

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Blue182, Are you talking about when your out on a ride, or when its sitting parked on your trailer?

I think it sounds like he docks his ski to go get some irish coffee or hot chocolate since the water temp is like 48 degrees up there lol

Yeah, arco's got my #. I want to be more confident leaving my ski unattended for an hour or 2 while I get refreshments. There are a lot of docks & marinas around here with varying risk of tamper. I carry a lot of stuff in the bow every time I go. Nothing irreplacable but it adds up in value (clothing & electronics). I'm actually concerned about the design & strength of this whole latch assembly. It fell apart on me recently and I had to make a temporary slim jim from a coat hanger @ the dock to gain fuel access & storage. Took it to the dlr who inspected & reassembled. But now it rattles w/o a paper or foil shim. The whole bow looks great I just think the latch may be rickety for someone who is constantly using it. I am happy with security when the ski is on the trailer. Got the tongue locks & big U-bar that locks 1 wheel.

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Blue as for the rattle in your hood its prob the small metal piece that puts tension on your latch right by the handle. Mine was loose and had fallen/slid into the hood layers, took it apart and it fell out its a easy fix but you have to take the hood off the ski to do it. As for lockin up your stuff, maybe putting the more valuable items under the small tote in front, kinda out of site out mind if ya know what i mean and when or if they do open it up all they will see is whats on top hopefully not knowing there is a second level...sorry not really helpin ya out but if ya put my 140lb rottie on seat he wont letcha get near it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mykull View Post
    but if ya put my 140lb rottie on seat he wont letcha get near it!!
    What dumbass would TRY to get near it? HAHA!

Actually Kull, you did help. You make a good point. When I was jimmying my latch at the dock, this couple walked up, real interested cuz they had not seen a big ski before. When I finally popped the bow, they were impressed with the storage and all they saw was the upper box. I'm just not gonna worry about it any more for now. You probably could fit a 140 lb rott in that big bow but then youd have to get 2 wedges to compensate for the weight!

Thread Information