Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

vortex f/a question

i am trying to ease in to the mods on my sl so i put in the vortex f/a's and now when i gas it it boggs for a second, if i ease onto the gas it takes off fine. i think it is getting too much air i am thinking i need to turn in one of my mixing screws? can i get some help.

also on piston wash this is a check to verify fuel / air mixture? i run my oil injection and also mix my fuel 100:1 to be safe. would this make a difference in the wash other than a rich mixture, or is the wash only affected by the jetting and settings on the carbs?

+1
    You want to be at 40:1, 100:1 is not enough oil. Look at it this way, 100 parts gasoline to 1 part oil versus 100 parts gasoline and 40 parts oil.
    Once you get to a 40:1 ratio, you'll probably want to open the high speed screw roughly 1/8 turn. You will be turning the screws counter-clockwise to allow more fuel into the system.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    The OP F/A's will allow more air, so yes turn them OUT about 1/8 on all carbs. A little more oil shouldn't affect piston wash, ALOT of oil might.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    You want to be at 40:1, 100:1 is not enough oil. Look at it this way, 100 parts gasoline to 1 part oil versus 100 parts gasoline and 40 parts oil.
    Once you get to a 40:1 ratio, you'll probably want to open the high speed screw roughly 1/8 turn. You will be turning the screws counter-clockwise to allow more fuel into the system.
    He's also running the oil injection AND 100:1 in the tank.

it is 100:1 plus the oil injection. that should be safe don't you think. so i don't need to worry about jetting at this time? i guess i really don't understand jetting. once i get the high speed screw all the wat out i go to bigger jets? how do you know when to go to bigger jets?

+1
    Sorry Lance I didn't realize you were running the stock injection system as well.
    I would eliminate the "extra" oil as you are actually lessening the amount of fuel entering the system as it gets displaced with oil.
    Running 40:1 is plenty good on a basically stock ride.

thanks guys i will adjust those screws and then work on the cdi and dry pipe. just a note i did put on the r & d intake and 12/17 imp. and i lost about 4 mph and it really loaded the motor up out of the hole. switched back to the stock impeller and it came back to life. i am going to leave the stock impeller on after the pipe and cdi and and see what it does, then i will switch out for comparison. can someone shoot me the page on routing the water lines with the dry pipe? i could not find it yesterday.

+1
    Plug chops and piston wash will tell you when you need larger jets. Dry, black and chalky means you need more fuel. Please read the tuning tips in the tech section.

+1
    What do you mean loaded up the motor? A 12/17 should launch you out of the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    What do you mean loaded up the motor? A 12/17 should launch you out of the hole.
    it just seemed really slugish. keep in mind too this may be the impeller that spelled the doom for jared last year. i just wasn't impressed overall with any of the changes that took place when i put it on. i will try it again later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information