Thread: fuel question

fuel question

my tank was full tank with gasoline and ratio of oil before, haven't used the skii for about 2 to 3 months ago...then now...i tried to run the skii out of the water to just heat up the engine sometimes...i have a problem with the plugs...my plug gets wet evertime i run the engine and the second time i will start it again, it won't because the plugs are wet...could it be possible that the fuel oil ratio would be already difference when i stock the fuel for a long time? could it be possible my oil is running richer now that my gasoline? how to determine if my plugs or wet of a gas or oil? and also i observe i have a white smoke coming out....thnx

hello anybody?

+1
    So Andy, it starts and runs, slightly wet plugs with lots of smoke after sitting?
    Go drop it in the water and have a good time.
    Monitor your plugs after she warms up.

Andy, i am new here, dont know if this will help. I was told when i bought my 03 mx140 that with polaris you need to loosen the gas cap everytime before you tow the ski's. He said, tighten the gas cap back down when you get to your location. I was told that if you do not, then the gas pressure build up from the towing will foul your first spark plug and you will need to replace it at your destination for you ski to run smoothly. Hope this helps.

+1
    thomas, WELCOME tothe Green Hulk Forums, I see you have 2 MSX's, niiiiice.

You shouldn't have to loosen your fuel cap as the tank has a release valve. It also takes a lot of pressure to open the injectors on your craft so I don't know what the cap deal would be about. I'm curious, what does your tech state for a reason??

Loosen the gas cap

It wasnt my tech, it was the guy i bought the ski's from. He told me the pressure build up from towing them down the road would foul the first plug. He said the only way to avoid was to loosen the cap before towing and tighten when we arrive at river. He told me Polaris was aware of this and didnt have a fix. I told my tech and he said "I have never heard of that but i wont say he is wrong".

+1
    LOL I will.

Thread Information