Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I Joined the Exhaust Pop Off CluB! Wahoo!

LOL

Like the title says....

But that's not what pissed me off today. I was riding trying to see when the fuel buzzer was going to come on. I was tooling around, all of a sudden I get to 0 bars of fuel and it stalls. Then the buzzer sounds for low fuel....I was like uhhhh thanks for the warning?

I put fuel in it and it wouldn't start still, so I swam the ski to the ramp and pulled it out, I thought it just had some bad air bubbles in the fuel line and wouldn't stay running. Turns out it wouldn't stay running because of the exhaust fumes in the hull.

So basically, when is the fuel buzzer suposed to sound? At Zero Bars? I remember if I turn the ski on in the driveway with 3 bars of fuel it will sound the alarm for fuel.

Anywho, I re-attached the exhaust hose temporarily and will just complain about it at Kawasaki when I go there for my service on Tuesday. The hose that came undone was the output of the secondary water box.

+1
    My fuel buzzer comes on with with one bar left. I think the tank is 20.6 gallons, but I think that only 18.6 or something like that are useable. I have done 2 on the water tests to see how much is left when the fuel buzzer comes on. I had to put 14.7 gallons and 14.8 gallons on the two tries. Do the math and I you see that you have a little less than 4 gallons of useable gas left. The question is, how many miles is that? My speedo has not been adjusted yet and gives me extremely slow readings. It is usually showing around 8-10 mph too slow. I am assuming that it is figuring out the total miles on the trip by using the speedo's speed. I haven't used the gps for total distance traveled on the gas, but that is going to come next time out. According to my two tests using the speedo, I was only getting a little above 3 miles per gallon. Hopefully when the speedo gets adjusted I will get over 4 miles per gallon. Does anybody know if this is the case?

I'm not mad about the exhaust popping off, I knew about it, but wanted to see for myself if mine would pop off. It happened after 14 hours of hard use, so I'm wondering if it just happened or something can help cause it to happen.

About to order one of the exhausts today, so not worried about it right now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcolog2 View Post
    I'm not mad about the exhaust popping off, I knew about it, but wanted to see for myself if mine would pop off. It happened after 14 hours of hard use, so I'm wondering if it just happened or something can help cause it to happen.

About to order one of the exhausts today, so not worried about it right now.
    Which exhaust you gonna order? R-Rated or Riva.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Which exhaust you gonna order? R-Rated or Riva.
    You know....I'm not sure lol.

I want to go with the R-Rated because I don't want to cut, and I don't know how the dealer here will act with the Warranty and the cutting to install the Riva Kit.

I would be prone to say that the Riva would have minimal gains over the R-Rated U-shaped pipe. Both should sound relatively the same.

So, I'm probably going with the R-Rated one, but buying the Black Billet tip from Riva because I don't think the R-Rated one fits cosmetically on the 250x Black Hull...

I have also thought of making my own exhaust with the great tools I have access too. All materials would be self purchased though so have no fear, I'm not spending your taxes on my ski.

+1
    Arco,
    If you have access to a bending machine make your own "U" pipe. I have the R-rated and it's very simple to install but isn't much more than a u pipe with a bracket that fits the studs where the strap for the 2nd waterbox used to be.
    Jimmy

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Arco,
    If you have access to a bending machine make your own "U" pipe. I have the R-rated and it's very simple to install but isn't much more than a u pipe with a bracket that fits the studs where the strap for the 2nd waterbox used to be.
    Jimmy
    That's easy fab work....just need mandrel bender for best results. Tubing, not pipe!

Beagle, is the r-rated stainless tube??

Arco,
    Jimmy
    Can anyone tell me the outside diameter of the "U" pipe or the inside diameter of the exhaust hose so I can bend myself a pipe? I need to buy the pipe and don't have access to my ski to measure myself. Also, I think the stock exhaust outlet is better because the downward curve will help prevent water from backing into the system on deacceleration.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tubeman View Post
    Can anyone tell me the outside diameter of the "U" pipe or the inside diameter of the exhaust hose so I can bend myself a pipe? I need to buy the pipe and don't have access to my ski to measure myself.
    TUBING!!!! not pipe!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    That's easy fab work....just need mandrel bender for best results. Tubing, not pipe!

Beagle, is the r-rated stainless tube??
    Ok Richard, tubing not pipe.........
    The "Tubing" does not look like stainless.
    The only other thing you would need to add is the rubber sleave that goes around the pipe....... uhh... tubing that goes under the clamp that holds it to the mounting bracket.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information