Need your help! Need Exhaust Clamp for RXP!

Hey guys I am having trouble getting ahold of an exhaust clamp for my 04 RXP engine rebuild. They are on backorder till the 12th of June..

Part #'s are 274000959 & 291001887

It is the only part holding me back from riding my baby!!

If you have any leads on the part or have one to sell me that would be great! Any help is appreciated...

Thanks!

Matt

Is this the clamp that holds the j pipe to the manifold or the regular worm clamps that hold the j pipe to the waterbox? if its the fancy t bolt clamp that holds the j to the manifold send Stickem a pm he might have one but if its the regular worm clamp ones ure local hardware store will have them just make sure there stainless.

Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    Is this the clamp that holds the j pipe to the manifold or the regular worm clamps that hold the j pipe to the waterbox? if its the fancy t bolt clamp that holds the j to the manifold send Stickem a pm he might have one but if its the regular worm clamp ones ure local hardware store will have them just make sure there stainless.
    Not sure 100% just have the part numbers to go off of. Anyone confirm this using the above part numbers which clamp this is? Thanks!

+1
    that v-clamp holding manifold to j-pipe you can get at most exhaust shops, they are always usually stainless, i think the size is 3"

+1
    Part No. 274000959 is the J-pipe clamp. That is a specialty clamp that you will have to either find on here or order it. You might call Riva or PPG to see if they have one in stock. Part No. 291001887 is called a "reducer" but I couldn't find it in the exhaust diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    Part No. 274000959 is the J-pipe clamp. That is a specialty clamp that you will have to either find on here or order it. You might call Riva or PPG to see if they have one in stock. Part No. 291001887 is called a "reducer" but I couldn't find it in the exhaust diagram.

Anyone have a J-pipe Clamp?

+1
    I had a v-band clamp 274000959 back-ordered from Riva, no ETA. I checked my local Sea Doo Dealer, Shawmut Hills (616-453-5467) in Grand Rapids, MI and they too had it on back order, but I got it this past weekend. Sooo, they are hard to find right now, but maybe call Shawmut and see if they can get one for you; somehow they beat Riva and managed to get me one. I don't think dealers stock them; they are not commonly replaced apparently. I suppose you could check exhaust shops, but I would be surprised if they carry them either, they seem somewhat unusual.

Those V-band clamps can usually be found at most heavy truck repair or supply stores. They are widely used in turbo applications. If you can't find them there then some high-end performance shops may carry them also.

Good luck.

Thread Information