Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VTS not working

VTS not working

Came across an issue with my sis-in-laws ski. Her VTS no longer works and the digital display just flashes sensor. I checked all the fuse, and electrical connections back to the VTS module and all seems fine. Is there anyway to verify if the VTS unit is failed, so I know for certain. For example what should the voltage be across the two wiress from the enclosed VTS module to the VTS motor itself? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure the unit has indeed failed before replacing.

I had the same prob on my 05 take it to the dealer and have them up date the program ....

Banned User
    I had same problem and it was my switch on the bars.

Motor should be have twelve volts. I never had a ski with a VTS, but I'd assume that you can take the 2 motor wires and touch them directly to a batter (one in the ski, or a car battery etc. etc.) just don't touch very long. If it goes up, then reverse polarity and make sure it go down. That'll let you know if the motor is bad. I'm assuming theres a sensor back there that tells you whether its up or down and I dunno how many wires it has going to it. But tahats my .02
    Last edited by travis6509; 06-04-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    I had same problem and it was my switch on the bars.

never thought to check the switch, but will now. I believe she had the same problem last year but she took it to the stealer. They just said something was loose, but she does not recall what. I'll check the switch. What is odd is that the bar that indicates the position of the VTS is not even there

My friend had the exact same problem. VTS was intermittent and the bar wouldn't always display. Dealer said a wire was loose and fixed it, but now it's getting a 12 volt low code and running like crap on a low tank.

Dont judge me...
    try this......plug the key in... press the trim switch and listen to see if the motor tries to move both ways....if it does your button is good....if it doesnt need a vts motor...that is the way i checked mine and the vts was bad

most likely if you do not have a indicator on the gauge. either the signal from the module isn't making its way to the gauge or the sliding assy(#11) isn't indicating where the trim is. there is a magnet in the assy. that gives position to the module and sends a signal to the gauge. easy way to narrow it down is to remove cover (14) and diconnect connections (7, hook them to a 12volt source and see if your motor operates. if it does then that is out of the equation. now if the motor turns and you don't see the indicator on the gauge then you may want to disconnect the main harness connections and check for corrosion. and those would be the connections that your stealer said where lose..

let me know how you make out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	convert.gif 
Views:	84 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	26900  

Quote Originally Posted by YJSONLY View Post
    try this......plug the key in... press the trim switch and listen to see if the motor tries to move both ways....if it does your button is good....if it doesnt need a vts motor...that is the way i checked mine and the vts was bad
    Tried this and the vts motor did nothing. Could not hear it trying to move or anything. Any idea what a vts unit goes for?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by North49 View Post
    Tried this and the vts motor did nothing. Could not hear it trying to move or anything. Any idea what a vts unit goes for?

Did you try bypassing the switch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information