Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What trailer carries your 250?

I'm not really looking to know about 5,000 dollar trailers like the shadow trailers.

I'm just concerned about the size of my trailer with the 250 on it.

I'm using a Triton LXT with the smaller tires mainly because I got it for free. Am I going to have issues with the weight and rpms of the tires on my long trips from GA to NY?

It just seems top heavy for my liking.

I use a Triton trailer. It flexes a lot on a bouncy road. The specs say you should be fine but I would upgrade the tires and carry a spare. Even tho all of my welds look great, I go over it very often and inspect every weld. Thats my opinion.
    http://www.tritontrailers.com/pwcspecs.asp

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    aluminum cracks, inspect well, read the rating placard and check tire capacity specs, smaller tires=more rpm=early bearing failure. If all checks out ok, then definately carry spare hub and tire.

Yeah, everything seems within limits as far as weights and stuff.

I might have to look into larger tires for my longer trips, but I think I want to keep the smaller tires on there when I bring it to some of the ramps here in Georgia.
    One ramp has such a low gradient that my old beater blazer is half under water to put the ski in.

My other problem is, how much higher will the hitch need to be if I put the bigger tires on the trailer, to balance the weight properly. My long journey will consist of my lowered TransAm pulling the ski (lol) so it's going to be a pain in the ass to begin with. That is if the car's not too low, we'll see....

+1
    typically i find the top of ball for most in in the arena of 16-18"

Set your trailer frame level front to back with propertly inflated tires, on flat level surface, then measure tounge.

Then measure radius of both your current tires and the ones you might want to go with. That will ballpark your calc. increase. Don't forget about the squat of the new tires....typically about 1/2" for our pwc purposes.

Since trailer was free, you might consider recycling$$ your alum trailer, sell your axle tires on craigslist, then buy a new zieman or the like as you are too far for me to build you one. It might just be a wash!

Drop axles are the key!

Here is what we use to transport our 2- 250Xs' from Greenville, SC to Hartwell Lake. We have just recently replaced the 12" tires and wheels with 13". We had to place the leaf springs on top of the axles with raised the whole trailer ~ 4" higher. I was not too crazy about raising it that much, but had to do something to keep the fenders from rubbing. We are lucky that this trailer is very wide. We test ran it down I-85 @ 80 MPH and it still handled great. Here are a few pix after we finished the modification.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2043.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	26888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2050.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	26889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2045.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	26890  

+1
    Looks good, trailer is level when hitched. Good thing you have trailer with low crossmembers

I have the FE 2 place trailer. Works great for 1 250 and a SXR. Wouldn't want two 250s on it.

Zieman single and Shorelander double. Both galvanised. Been using the Zieman since 2004. Had to replace the bunk bracket's bolts and nuts with stainless versions due to corrosion.

Rarely use the double though..

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    I have the FE 2 place trailer. Works great for 1 250 and a SXR. Wouldn't want two 250s on it.

Oh man, That SX-R is practically invisable next to the 250! haha just kidding.
    I know my 12f looks really small next to my 250x on the trailer. Please post of pic of both ski's on the trailer if you got one.
    Mike

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information