Thread: Question

Tampa, FL

Has anyone tried to make a closed lood system for the I/C. I was just thinking of a set up like what is on a 03/04 Cobra. using a tank to hold the coolant and a pump to circulate it through the I/C and back to the tank. I am just wondering if anyone thinks this would work for those of us that use our boats in salt water.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    Oldsmar, FL
    you'd have to make some way of letting the heated liquid dissapate the heat. being that there isn't really any air flow and the rideplate is already the heat exchanger for the engine, I don't know how easy/expensive it would be to make it worth it. And...if you tried to tap the motor flow you'd have 180degree water flowing through the IC.

I think a sacrificial anode is the answer for us salt guys.......OR we need to get someone to put some copper cores in our external IC's. I'm sticking with stock till I figure out what I want to do.

Prairieville, LA
    Yeah Sean is on the money here. You would have no way to cool the water for the intercooler. On the Corba there is a large heat exchanger in front of the radiator to do this. You could use a cold tank like in a race car but you'd have to keep adding ice to it. Taking in fresh raw cold water is the most effective solution.

Tampa, FL
    Thanks for the info. I was looking at the car and totally forgot about the heat exchanger in the front. Well looks like i will be sticking with the stock I/C for awhile longer myself.

Thread Information