Checking Oil Level Question??

I know the proper "Sea Doo" way to check the oil. If you have the proper oil level after the 30 second start and 30 second cool down and then check it again cold why couldn't you use that mark to check your oil? I really don't like running my engines longer the 30 seconds out of the water even on the hose. I've always just ran mine for the 30 seconds and checked it, not warming up the engine first.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed200 View Post
    I know the proper "Sea Doo" way to check the oil. If you have the proper oil level after the 30 second start and 30 second cool down and then check it again cold why couldn't you use that mark to check your oil? I really don't like running my engines longer the 30 seconds out of the water even on the hose. I've always just ran mine for the 30 seconds and checked it, not warming up the engine first.
    On your oil dipstick the "check" area is between the two bends. You want your oil "Hot" to be in the middle of the two bends.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    On your oil dipstick the "check" area is between the two bends. You want your oil "Hot" to be in the middle of the two bends.
    Right I understand that. Now what if you did that and say check it the next morning cold and scribe a make on the dipstick. Why couldn't you then use your cold mark to check your oil cold from then on?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed200 View Post
    Right I understand that. Now what if you did that and say check it the next morning cold and scribe a make on the dipstick. Why couldn't you then use your cold mark to check your oil cold from then on?
    What ever works

+1
    You need to run the machine so oil can be distributed into all of the chambers. Checking the oil cold could lead you to believe their is less oil than there really is. Oil levels may have shifted during trailering or loading/launching. Best bet is to run the machine before checking always.

Thread Information