Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb 155 miles in one day !!!!

Ok, Oregon Inlet Riders….you asked for it.
    You've asked to be placed on the email list. The Oregon Challenge is just over two months away, not much planning at this time just a heads up.
    This is an excellent event and I promise it to be a real challenge and fun reward. Most have come back, few have complained (about the difficulty), but nobody has ever had a bad time.
    For GPS people I have added a list of waypoints (see attachment) and a route picture of the ride. 77.9 miles each way. (see attachment)
    The waypoints and route is only approximate reference points and may not necessarily be in the channel.
    If you have not had the time to read all the information about the event, I hope you do now at http://www.wavejunkies.com/challenge.htm. This is a free event and is open to everyone. (Even the people that just show up as friends)

Things I want to emphasize:
    • This is a ride at your own risk!
    • You must have a reliable ski! (you will be towed to the nearest ramp)
    • You must have a back-up plan!. (spouse/friend can get your trailer if needed, for pickup in case of ski failure - take cell number).
    • Please do NOT bring old ski's with small fuel tanks (No sp's, zxi, Blasters) you should have at least a 12 gallon fuel tank.
    • I don't recommend people bring youth, or load a ski up with more than one person.
    • Bring cell phones, sun blocker, water, food, money for gas or food.
    • Recommend biker shorts to prevent saddle sores, in rough conditions. Especially the females.
    • Extra oil.
    • This is a 7-9 hour ride! (We usually stop at Coinjock on the way back to have a drink and talk about the event, if we have the time)
    FYI: The time estimates are based on an average speed of 35MPH. However this speed is rarely maintained, because most of the group seems to run at burst of better then 50MPH speed on permitting waters. So people not comfortable at high speeds may not want to attend. (Get the hint….sorry.)
    We have 41 registered emails for the ride so this could be the biggest year so far. Last year we had 26 registered and 23 attended.
    Hope you still have the desire and commitment to go. If you can please email me at[email protected] to let me know of your plans or change of plans or if you will be bringing other skier's or a passenger's.
    Riding PWC in a large organized group event is the best way to express the freedom of a PWC.
    Last edited by pet; 06-04-2007 at 05:00 PM. Reason: photos

here is the route.....

waypoints....

Sounds like a great trip!! I'm from NC but I've never made it to the outer banks. Best of luck to all!!

How many people have signed up so far? I'm deciding on it this week if I can get time off from work.

Quote Originally Posted by DooVa View Post
    How many people have signed up so far? I'm deciding on it this week if I can get time off from work.
    i heard 41 people signd up so far, last year we were 21 ...it is a lot of fun
    i could not walk for a week after the ride.. ..cool people old and young.
    where do you live DooVa ?

I'm in Richmond, Va. This sounds like a lot of fun. Trying to get that weekend off so I can go.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by pet View Post
    Ok, Oregon Inlet Riders….you asked for it.
    You've asked to be placed on the email list. The Oregon Challenge is just over two months away, not much planning at this time just a heads up.
    This is an excellent event and I promise it to be a real challenge and fun reward. Most have come back, few have complained (about the difficulty), but nobody has ever had a bad time.
    For GPS people I have added a list of waypoints (see attachment) and a route picture of the ride. 77.9 miles each way. (see attachment)
    The waypoints and route is only approximate reference points and may not necessarily be in the channel.
    If you have not had the time to read all the information about the event, I hope you do now at http://www.wavejunkies.com/challenge.htm. This is a free event and is open to everyone. (Even the people that just show up as friends)

Things I want to emphasize:
    • This is a ride at your own risk!
    • You must have a reliable ski! (you will be towed to the nearest ramp)
    • You must have a back-up plan!. (spouse/friend can get your trailer if needed, for pickup in case of ski failure - take cell number).
    • Please do NOT bring old ski's with small fuel tanks (No sp's, zxi, Blasters) you should have at least a 12 gallon fuel tank.
    • I don't recommend people bring youth, or load a ski up with more than one person.
    • Bring cell phones, sun blocker, water, food, money for gas or food.
    • Recommend biker shorts to prevent saddle sores, in rough conditions. Especially the females.
    • Extra oil.
    • This is a 7-9 hour ride! (We usually stop at Coinjock on the way back to have a drink and talk about the event, if we have the time)
    FYI: The time estimates are based on an average speed of 35MPH. However this speed is rarely maintained, because most of the group seems to run at burst of better then 50MPH speed on permitting waters. So people not comfortable at high speeds may not want to attend. (Get the hint….sorry.)
    We have 41 registered emails for the ride so this could be the biggest year so far. Last year we had 26 registered and 23 attended.
    Hope you still have the desire and commitment to go. If you can please email me at[email protected] to let me know of your plans or change of plans or if you will be bringing other skier's or a passenger's.
    Riding PWC in a large organized group event is the best way to express the freedom of a PWC.
    !

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by pet View Post
    here is the route.....

waypoints....
    !

i might come up from texas with my dad, we have 3 2006 rxp's, since we didnt go on vacation this summer, ill have a road trip with him, i dunno i still have to talk to him tho

Quote Originally Posted by Camy1448 View Post
    i might come up from texas with my dad, we have 3 2006 rxp's, since we didnt go on vacation this summer, ill have a road trip with him, i dunno i still have to talk to him tho
    you will have the best jetski ride if you come......lots of fun

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information