Free FLow exhaust question

i hav an 04 gpr with most of the riva body mods on it...
    im thinking of putting on thier free flow exhaust but i have not a clue of what the pipe will do to the power delivery or if the machine will 'wake up'

...i was also told to get an efi controller if i were to do any mods to the engine, even if its as simple as an exhuast pipe... is this true?

You don't need the Free Flow exhaust. It is used only to stop pinging on motors with high compression. In general it will slow you down no matter what you have on the motor but it will give you more out of the hole power.

I would go for a Jetworks kit from Island Racing.

www.islandracing.net

Carl is on here and can answer more questions about the kit. It wakes the ski up on the low end big time and doesn't take away on the top end. You will need to buy the D-Plate from RIVA for this to work correctly.

For higher top speed numbers I would get your ride plate modded by Jim. You can find him on here also. Check out the tuners section of the forum.
    Last edited by Chrisrokc; 06-04-2007 at 05:40 PM.

thanks for the tip

hmmm... i just looked on the island racing site and there is a holeshot kit that caught my eye...( i did not see anything jetworks on the site, and i looked a few times...unless the word jetworks actually means something)
    would that be the way to go if i dont want to spend money on an exhaust or anything expensive?

and what components are actually in that kit to make the ski accelerate that much quicker?.... and is this kit compatible with the 03-04 and 05-07 in case i wanted to upgrade to an 07 pump in a year or two?

Quote Originally Posted by wishihad1 View Post
    hmmm... i just looked on the island racing site and there is a holeshot kit that caught my eye...( i did not see anything jetworks on the site, and i looked a few times...unless the word jetworks actually means something)
    would that be the way to go if i dont want to spend money on an exhaust or anything expensive?

and what components are actually in that kit to make the ski accelerate that much quicker?.... and is this kit compatible with the 03-04 and 05-07 in case i wanted to upgrade to an 07 pump in a year or two?

Yea the holeshot kit is it!

You will need to buy the D-plate, Riva is best, for the exhaust from them also. It will delete the cat and reduce heat to allow for the install of the holeshot kit.

The kit includes the valve needed, tubes, clamps, ect... It will work with the 03-07 pumps

i am gonna order the holeshot kit, but there is a STEALTH MOD option, and its only like 15 bucks.... what does that actually do and what does it do to make it be worth an extra 15?

i am gonna order the holeshot kit, but there is a STEALTH MOD option, and its only like 15 bucks.... what does that actually do and what does it do to make it be worth an extra 15?
    I have that. Instead of having to drill another hole on the top of the hull for the water out it will connect to a hose on the inside and come out a stock out point.

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    wecome!!
    The jet works kit is a great add on to a ski that is for sure.
    The free flow is ok also.. but you can save a few bucks and make one,,, some people do. I made mine from PVC elbows,, It looks like this. one 45* sched 30 pipe, one 45* street elbow sched 40 (cut off the larger end) and a addapter form sched 30 to 40.. I live In michigan to... Pm me if you need add. info?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIC_0004.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	27090  

+1
    But the Stealth Mod - one less hole in the hull.

Thread Information