nitrous ???? on a stock rxp

i have a 06 rxp with riva intake 3in and riva grate next mod will be a prop . i have been thinking of putting nitrous on it i have alot of experience with nitrous but do to the small size of this motor im not sure of amount to hit it with i will most likely start with a 30 and possibly go up depending on outcome i.e. rpm increase any help from those who have done this would be great . as for the prop i want to run it around off the spray and still have power and then dont want to bounce off the limiter on the sh(t. thanks for your time

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by blue5speed View Post
    i have a 06 rxp with riva intake 3in and riva grate next mod will be a prop . i have been thinking of putting nitrous on it i have alot of experience with nitrous but do to the small size of this motor im not sure of amount to hit it with i will most likely start with a 30 and possibly go up depending on outcome i.e. rpm increase any help from those who have done this would be great . as for the prop i want to run it around off the spray and still have power and then dont want to bounce off the limiter on the sh(t. thanks for your time

The problem with that is you need a tall prop for all that power, so when your off the nitrous your RPM's are going to be way out of your powerband.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    The problem with that is you need a tall prop for all that power, so when your off the nitrous your RPM's are going to be way out of your powerband.

Agree, unless you come up with a variable pitch impellar, just like the new diesel have in the turbochargers.

I have been thinking nitrous on my RXT too..

I would start with a .025 nitrous jet
    Do not put a big jet if you are on nos and you jump on a wave or some thing and you hit the rev limiter you will have a back fire in your intake which will blow it up.

Off the nitrous you should be getting 7800-7900 if you want good power with and without nos.

are you going dry or wet?

Thread Information