Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RAM Air Mod

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1

RAM Air Mod

For those that have performed the mod, could you please report on water ingestion particularly when bow has submerged?

We all have probably have submarined the bow while goofing around or intentionally took a decent bath from the water coming over the dash washing the dust off the hood or the stink from the night before's cocktail party at the camp. (did i just admit to something?)

Has anyone checked during or immediately following on the volume of water coming through the holes in the hood? How much made it down those tubes up front??

Has anyone performed the mod that rides hard in the ocean or tow surfs?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    The water washes down the side of the hood under the top part of the it,(its layered) IMO it would take a sustained submarine 10 or more seconds before it would be a problem, I ride it hard and submarine it on occasion (not really on purpose, but the lakes around here get pretty rough on the weekends),Ive never had water up front anywhere.Look on Teammoto for pics and a write up about it.(Search button does wonders )

I did.

Seems as though Ive gotten more water on the motor from the seat area then anything else.

Water will get into the engine compartment. Nothing the pump bilge cant handle for ya,,,,

Still to answer your question, Yes the possibilty is there to intake water but its at a small amount and its hard to tell how much came in through the tubes or from some other place..

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    The water washes down the side of the hood under the top part of the it,(its layered) IMO it would take a sustained submarine 10 or more seconds before it would be a problem, I ride it hard and submarine it on occasion (not really on purpose, but the lakes around here get pretty rough on the weekends),Ive never had water up front anywhere.Look on Teammoto for pics and a write up about it.(Search button does wonders )
    Thanks for your input, i'm familiar with search and Skip's write up...He spoke of dry hull going through alot of "spray", not submarine. I've got MASSIVE amounts of water over the hood (at least 2-3" solid wave)....the bath felt good! Thx again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Thanks for your input, i'm familiar with search and Skip's write up...He spoke of dry hull going through alot of "spray", not submarine. I've got MASSIVE amounts of water over the hood (at least 2-3" solid wave)....the bath felt good! Thx again.
    Let's ask ole Joe P if his ram air mod sucks in water.........
    Maybe that's why his engine started "pissin" It sucked in so much water, It could'nt hold it any longer... It had to go!

You guys still beatin up on poor ol' Joe?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    You guys still beatin up on poor ol' Joe?
    Ole Joe must not be too poor if he eats the expense of replacing seals on his motor. Very strange........

So this ram air your talking about. Is this a aftermarket kit, or is this something that I already have. I'm not a mech by any means, and although I can make my way around a car engine, I absolutely have no idea whats going on under my 250 seat.

Quote Originally Posted by 250-Z View Post
    So this ram air your talking about. Is this a aftermarket kit, or is this something that I already have. I'm not a mech by any means, and although I can make my way around a car engine, I absolutely have no idea whats going on under my 250 seat.

This should help ya some

http://www.floridasmarthomes.com/teammoto/?cat=39

Ram air Ordered....

Hi guy,s been waiting for some feedback on the Ram Air Mod, now I have mine,s ordered just waiting now........looks pretty easy to fit so fingers crossed and i,ll give you some feed back from over the pond, the Solents pretty rough at the best of times....1 - 3 feet most days, calm days are as rare as Rockin Horse [email protected]#!......Oh and the guys at R Rated were so friendly and helpfull I,ll definately be using them again.....I rekon this might be the first mod,d in the UK......here,s hoping.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information