Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Richard: Joey Imprescia mean anything to u?

been reading some sick theings about the man on the internet... he's a local for me, and from my readings he owns a shop, but i can't find a website for his shop at all... but was interested in picking his brain on some info that perhaps i could apply to my ski and see if he was interested in taking on a task.

I ask because he's huge in the long island boating world and skaters and Superboats and I know you are/were at one time were into that industry and used to live on Long Island.

He a guy worth hunting down and talking to? and do you know anything of him or a business he might own?

+1
    Shibb; Joey was a good friend of mine when I lived on LI. He's originally from Amityville. Last I heard he still ownes East Coast Marine Performance. The business may have moved, but it used to be located in an industrial court within smelling distance of the the Wyandanch landfill. Last time I saw him was years ago at a mutual buddies funeral. He was always a top notch mechanic and race boat driver. He really moved up in the world and now his clients are mostly millionairs. He used to have an X-2, but after that I don't think he got into the PWC scene. Depending on what you want to ask him, he might be worth contacting. No one knows Merc engines or fast boats better than Joey. I just looked for his number, but don't know where I put it. Look him up at his business, East Coast Marine. Say "hello" for me.

Richard

Shibbs
    Joey works on my Superboat. *Note Avatar . He is on Union Ave in Babylon. I am gonna see him tomorrow.
    I am still deciding on a new ski...& will get it from you. I'll be in touch.
    Gene Bash

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    ur gonna see Joey tomorrow?

well tell him that Richard said hello, and tell him that a mutual friend is interested in in having a big ass nearly 11 foot jetski hull overhauled. Looking for ideas on generating lift out of it. read alot about the superboats and skaters and figured the hulls must be important and MAYBE some of the same concepts and ideas could be relevant to me and if he had any experience with PWC hulls. he may know some stuff, but maybe he's outta the loop on these big 1000 lb 11 foot couches.

there's no one up here in LI as far as boat performance and hull performance, so i thought i'd start with him and see if he had any ideas or could recommend me to someone.

superbash, i saw u on the offshoreonly.com web forum... figured that had to be you on there

O.K. I'll mention it to him & give you a buzz while I'm there. We are trying to get my stepped hull to lift. But it just won't.

Joey got me interested in SeaDoo. He rides an 05 GTI ! No B.S. ! He wanted to keep it simple.

+1
    Bash; Is Cohan still making those Superboats? Anyone know Ted Bravo from Sea-mar Marine in Seaford (HydroStream fame) ...now Muscle Boats in Lindenhurst? Last I heard he was a Polaris PWC dealer...wonder what he is up to now ?

Memories !!!!!

Richard

Hey Rich
    Yes. The one & only J.C. still owns Superboat. I bought a 21' off him in '02 & then a '04 24'.
    I'm in AmityHarbor. Ted is right down the road from me. I grew up in 'Pequa on the same block as his two sons. I dont know what he sells now. Here is a drive-by pic I shot on my way to EastCoastMarine. Joey says Hi. He smiles whenever I tell him I run across someone on the internet that knows him.

+1
    Bash; Mr. Teds place looks exactly like it did when I was last there, some 13 years ago ! Nice to see how he shovels the walk for his customers!

I can't believe Joey has a GTi. Everything he ever owned was black. I would think he would get a RXP for the color, if no other reason!

I bet you knew Joey Detore and Bob Lass (the Chief). How about Ed Splaine. He used to have an all black 21 Challenger and now owns Nassau Honing. How about Bill Cruse. I think he still owns the former Weeks Boat Transport.

One thing I miss living here in FL is all my friends from LI.

Rich

Rich.

That was sunlight on Ted's roof. Thank god January has been pretty mild to date up here... so far.

I didnt know but have heard many stories of Joey Detore. I was in tears laughing so hard. He seemed like quite a guy.

Joey I. got the GTI from F1 in Seaford last summer. He wanted a "last of the 2 strokes" machine. Maybe he"ll paint it black?

Here is a little GreatSouthBay video for you to bring back memories. I make them on the infamous WED NITES TANNER PARK. I have about ten of them.

http://media.putfile.com/Movie_00018690

+1
    The video reminds me of the old days in my Checkmate.
    It used to run 76.9 on the gun. The chine walking was fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information